5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install guides for Mopar Accessories?

TMF

Reaction score
I'm looking at a few Mopar accessories for my 2022 1500 Ecodiesel - namely the aux camera for a trailer part #82216068ad and required wiring kit #82216509aa but I can't seem to find the install guides. When you buy mopar accessories, do they actually come with an install guide? Is there anywhere online to find the install manuals? I know you can get the factory service manual through tech authority, but I doubt those include accessories.

jmonte345

Reaction score
I'm looking at a few Mopar accessories for my 2022 1500 Ecodiesel - namely the aux camera for a trailer part #82216068ad and required wiring kit #82216509aa but I can't seem to find the install guides. When you buy mopar accessories, do they actually come with an install guide? Is there anywhere online to find the install manuals? I know you can get the factory service manual through tech authority, but I doubt those include accessories.
The Mopar website will normally have the install guide posted if you look up the part number.

Here is the guide for 82216068AD

Reactions: TMF

TMF

Reaction score
The Mopar website will normally have the install guide posted if you look up the part number.

Here is the guide for 82216068AD

Yea I see that guide on the product page, but they don't seem to have the guide for everything. For example, doesn't look like they have the guide for the required wiring harness 82216509aa which is the one I'm really curious about lol.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I researched that at one point before going a different route, but it's been awhile so this is from memory. Mopar's website is messed up and describes this as a camera. :rolleyes: I don't remember how I found the install PDF, but think I have it. Hope my attempt to attach works and it's the right one.

Attachments

• Trailer Camera Wiring Prep Kit K6864023AB.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

TMF

Reaction score
I researched that at one point before going a different route, but it's been awhile so this is from memory. Mopar's website is messed up and describes this as a camera. :rolleyes: I don't remember how I found the install PDF, but think I have it. Hope my attempt to attach works and it's the right one.
Amazing, that's it! Thank you so much.

What route did you end up going? I'd really like to plumb the trailer camera into my digital rearview mirror, but it looks like that's only possible on the HD's. I think the 1500's have a different digital rearview mirror.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amazing, that's it! Thank you so much.

What route did you end up going? I'd really like to plumb the trailer camera into my digital rearview mirror, but it looks like that's only possible on the HD's. I think the 1500's have a different digital rearview mirror.

I don't have the digital rearview, so don't know about that.

I got a Blackview DR750X-2CH+ dashcam which I don't have installed yet, but the plan is to mount a rear camera from the "truck" version on my trailer, and with suitable extension cable(s) I should be able to switch from rear window to rear of trailer when I'm hitched. It has WiFi and an Android app so I can watch on my phone, and hopefully on Uconnect via Android Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread