5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install factoy sway bar bushings

Myersc

Reaction score
I just purchased factory sway bar bushings for my 2019 Ram Rebel. These bushings aren't split with an opening to put the bushing onto the sway bar. Am I supposed to make a cut in the bushing so I can place it on the sway bar? Or do I have to undo the sway bar link and push the bushing onto the sway bar (which I don't even think will be possible...but maybe.) Thanks.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just purchased factory sway bar bushings for my 2019 Ram Rebel. These bushings aren't split with an opening to put the bushing onto the sway bar. Am I supposed to make a cut in the bushing so I can place it on the sway bar? Or do I have to undo the sway bar link and push the bushing onto the sway bar (which I don't even think will be possible...but maybe.) Thanks.
Factory bushings are split. Hellwigs are too. Won’t hurt to make a cut. Maybe they forgot.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine weren’t split. I just slid them off the ends and slid the new ones on.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would slice them with a sharp razor blade and clamp them down. Works for other bushings, it will work for these.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just buy energy suspension bushings that are better than the factory ones. They do come split

Myersc

Reaction score
I made the cut and did the install the other morning. The truck is silent now! If a dealership tells you to install end links and bushings which mine did do the bushings first. I also bought rear bushings but haven't installed them yet. The new ones are cut. As for the comment above about purchasing aftermarket ones, I'm not sure it's necessary in my opinion. I have 75,000 kms' on my truck so if the factory ones get my another 75k I will be happy, though I doubt I will have the truck for another 75k.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I made the cut and did the install the other morning. The truck is silent now! If a dealership tells you to install end links and bushings which mine did do the bushings first. I also bought rear bushings but haven't installed them yet. The new ones are cut. As for the comment above about purchasing aftermarket ones, I'm not sure it's necessary in my opinion. I have 75,000 kms' on my truck so if the factory ones get my another 75k I will be happy, though I doubt I will have the truck for another 75k.
People go aftermarket polyurethane bushings because they are more solid and allow the sway bar to work better.

Users who are viewing this thread