5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insights into 2021 Ram based on TRX information.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Annoyingly, other than the TRX, Ram is not discussing 2021 models until September 1st. My main question is whether Uconnect 5 will be included, but I couldn’t find anything in the TRX info.

There is a picture of the new HUD which is useful, as well as the new trailer brake controller. However, I would like to know if the HUD shows CarPlay navigation info, and the included picture doesn’t help with that info.

Has anyone found any other hints about the regular 2021 Rams in the new TRX press release?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UConnect 5 will not be on the TRX. Will still utilize UConnect 4C.

Minute 13:40 in the reveal video from this morning.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to the clips in the reveal video, there is an "Engineering Behind the Badge" video that was released during the reveal. In there, they show the 12 inch infotainment screen, and it shows an interface that looks pretty much identical to the current 4C software.

If you want to skip ahead to the part I'm referencing, jump to about 1:11, and then again at about 1:20.

Last edited:

dinomufin

Reaction score
Curious. The TRX will have no option for 2wd only. It defaults to 4wd auto. And gives you the options of 4 low or 4 high.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious. The TRX will have no option for 2wd only. It defaults to 4wd auto. And gives you the options of 4 low or 4 high.
Good eye. That's kind of cool, but unusual. I guess nobody would really care about "parasitic fuel economy loss" on this beast.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good eye. That's kind of cool, but unusual. I guess nobody would really care about "parasitic fuel economy loss" on this beast.
The lawyers were probaby more concerned with "idiotic vehicle/occupant loss" with that much power, 2wd, and a high CG

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No shift dial, back to the center column shiftier it looks like.

Yeah, I was surprised myself. With the trend for all the others, and the spy shots of the Grand Wagoneer/next gen Grand Cherokees all showing dial shifters, I thought for sure we wouldn't see that. Not a bad thing necessarily, definitely another way the TRX is different from other Rams.

I can just hear the salesman now... "You like the $50k Laramie but hate the dial shifter? We do happen to have a $100k TRX in stock without one..." ;)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yeah, I was surprised myself. With the trend for all the others, and the spy shots of the Grand Wagoneer/next gen Grand Cherokees all showing dial shifters, I thought for sure we wouldn't see that. Not a bad thing necessarily, definitely another way the TRX is different from other Rams.

I can just hear the salesman now... "You like the $50k Laramie but hate the dial shifter? We do happen to have a $100k TRX in stock without one..." ;)
:D:D:D

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
UConnect 5 will not be on the TRX. Will still utilize UConnect 4C.

Minute 13:40 in the reveal video from this morning.

Really bummed about this. Hopefully non-TRX trucks will come with Uconnect 5, but not a good sign if the TRX is any indication...

jastevenson

Reaction score
My guess is that they were going to go to Uconnect 5 but due to production shutdown they have a huge supply of Uconnect 4 units that they didn’t get to use. Thus, they are going to keep producing Rams with Uconnect 4 into 2021 so that their supply of Uconnect 4 hardware doesn’t go to waste. Sucks though. F150 way ahead.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I like that there is a shifter and not a rotary dial.

I would give up the real estate for a shifter, I mean it is a truck

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the rotary shifter will continue in the other 1500's, and only the TRX will get the console shifter. For the same reasons listed above concerning the uconnect 5.0.

U

User_21361

I'm really hoping that hood will fit my rebel

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Slumlord

Reaction score
Only 118 MPH top speed? Seems like they locked it down for some reason, with that kind of power a top speed of 160+ would be easy to obtain.

Users who are viewing this thread