5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Input On 2019 Used 5th Gen.

Moosewala

Reaction score
Hello guys,,
I'm in the market for a truck and have been looking in the $25k range, which typically means 2-3 years old, not many extras, having to choose between 4WD or the V8, and a wide range of miles. I really wanted a new Ram but figured it was out of my price range. Just saw a dealer not too far from here has a 2019 Ram (new model, not Classic) crew cab with 7,700 miles for just under $29k. They only have two pictures up right now but I was able to find the original window sticker and the MSRP was $47,505. Options include bucket seats w/ full center console, LED lighting group, trailer tow group, level 2 equipment group, 3.92 rear axle ratio, 5.7 liter V8, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, rear wheelhouse liners, and blind spot with cross-path detection. From the pics it looks like it also has running boards and a spray-in bedliner. Only thing it doesn't have that I'd really like is 4WD but it's not a deal-breaker. No Carfax, they use AutoCheck, only thing out of the ordinary is a lien and then sold at auction, which I assume was some kind of repossession, no reported accidents or anything like that. Seems like a really good deal to me, given my price range, just wanted to see what you all thought. Spending more or leasing isn't really an option for me, we pay cash up front for everything. https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ https://happymod.site/

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. I would confirm the repo. If the original owner knew it was going to be repossessed they could have done a number on the truck to "stick it to the bank" when they came and got it.

A couple of things for the 2019 DT 1500:

- The trailer tow group has the tow mirrors (I know...duh). The are not power folding and are not heated.

- The issues should be flushed out by now but the "early" 2019s seem to have the most issues. The tooling and parts weren't available for all options when they started production but seemed to have everything in full swing by October-ish 2018. If the build date was prior to 10/18 I would want to get a full printout from and Chrylser dealership on any work done on it since purchase. I would want one anyway but I would definitely want to see what's been done if it's an early bird.

These are all just my opinions and what I would do if I were looking for a used 2019 DT.

The Level 2 Group is a big plus in my group for the Big Horn. Some good upgrades in that group (7" instrument cluster, heated wheel/seats, etc.).

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't shopped for used 5th gens, so I'm going strictly by KBB values. You didn't say what model it is but I'm assuming a Big Horn given that you listed the LED lighting group as an option. KBB is showing a trade-in value of $35k for that truck (which seems high to me TBH). Given that, a retail price of under $29k appears to be a great price. My concern would then be why are they selling it so cheap. I'd pay for a car fax report at the very least. They aren't fool-proof, but can provide some information. I'd also take it for an extended test drive, and see about taking it overnight (my local dealership will sometimes do this for used vehicles). With the low mileage on this truck, you should have at least a year of the factory b2b warranty left.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The last used truck I bought I paid $100 and had a shop give it a once over. They gave me a list of issues and, coupled with the dealership maintenance history I made them get, I used that as a bargaining chip to negotiate the sale price.

Since I bought new this time I made sure it wasn't damaged during delivery and that there weren't major problems with it. I also checked every option to make sure it came with everything that was listed. The B2B warranty is taking care of the rest.

U

User_3336

***is a lien and then sold at auction*** , does not signify a repossession necessarily.

Lein just means there was money owed on the vehicle. Sold at auction doesn't mean anything.

Dealer could have taken it on trade, then decided not to keep it on their lot, and took it to auction.

You probably need a CARFAX. AutoCheck is a joke!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it an independent dealer (car lot) or a dealership (Chrysler, Toyota, etc.)?

A 2019 Big Horn Level 2 with 7700 miles? If it's the former I would be curious why a dealership didn't keep that on their lot.

NYNJ8

Reaction score
Previous posters are right to be suspicious/cautious, but sometimes dealers just want to move cars. Don’t talk yourself out of a good deal. Do you homework upfront and if it checks out then buy it. Just be willing to live with the choice and accept the potential risk.

This coming from a guy who bought a preowned ‘19 Rebel 12 from a volume dealer.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Definitely respect paying cash up front for everything, but money is extremely cheap to borrow right now. I believe RAM is running 0% for 72 months. Just sayin.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Hello guys,,
I'm in the market for a truck and have been looking in the $25k range, which typically means 2-3 years old, not many extras, having to choose between 4WD or the V8, and a wide range of miles. I really wanted a new Ram but figured it was out of my price range. Just saw a dealer not too far from here has a 2019 Ram (new model, not Classic) crew cab with 7,700 miles for just under $29k. They only have two pictures up right now but I was able to find the original window sticker and the MSRP was $47,505. Options include bucket seats w/ full center console, LED lighting group, trailer tow group, level 2 equipment group, 3.92 rear axle ratio, 5.7 liter V8, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, rear wheelhouse liners, and blind spot with cross-path detection. From the pics it looks like it also has running boards and a spray-in bedliner. Only thing it doesn't have that I'd really like is 4WD but it's not a deal-breaker. No Carfax, they use AutoCheck, only thing out of the ordinary is a lien and then sold at auction, which I assume was some kind of repossession, no reported accidents or anything like that. Seems like a really good deal to me, given my price range, just wanted to see what you all thought. Spending more or leasing isn't really an option for me, we pay cash up front for everything. https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ https://happymod.site/
Possible buyback?

Users who are viewing this thread