5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infotainment stays on when truck is turned off

frostymug

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? I have a 2021 1500 with the 12" screen. In the past few days, whenever I turn the truck off and open the door, the radio and the screen stay on.

Any ideas on what to do? I did discconnect the battery for 30 minutes yesterday, but it is still doing the same thing.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
There was a tsb about this on the 2020s. Not sure if it would apply.

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, my 21 does it occasionally too. I. just turn it back on and then off, and usually all is well. PIA, but not too bad.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Not 100% related but my traverse does this sometimes. I've found by opening and closing the door a few times and messing with the door handle. In my case it took a few seconds for the sensor to register for some reason. Gummed up grease or whatever. Might work if you give it a try

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I haven't noticed that.
But I do know if you pull on the handle, without the fob nearby, from the outside to check if the doors are locked, it will start to boot the radio.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've noticed mine is delayed by about 5-6 seconds. Once I turn the truck off and open the door, I can usually be completely out of the truck before the radio actually shuts off. doesn't sound like the exact same issue you're having but similar. I've only got 200 miles on mine, so hopefully, it's not a sign of things to come.

U

User_3336

In my 2021, I can just turn the screen and the radio OFF, and it never comes back on until I hit the button again.

frostymug

Reaction score
Just to clarify, when this happens I literally can leave for 30 minutes and come back and the radio is still on. And, I can try to turn the radio off by pressing the power button and it just will not turn off unless I power the truck on. Annoying as hell.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to clarify, when this happens I literally can leave for 30 minutes and come back and the radio is still on. And, I can try to turn the radio off by pressing the power button and it just will not turn off unless I power the truck on. Annoying as hell.
I THOUGHT I saw a setting in the uconnect menu where this was an option? Double check and make sure there isn't a setting that allows you to leave the radio on for up to 30 minutes after you turn the truck off. I could be mistaken too.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I THOUGHT I saw a setting in the uconnect menu where this was an option? Double check and make sure there isn't a setting that allows you to leave the radio on for up to 30 minutes after you turn the truck off. I could be mistaken too.
That Timer setting is for all the Accessory power too.
My 12" does shut off when opening the door though.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread