5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

info please

socalboy951

Reaction score
hello i hAVE A 5th gen and theres a misfire on #5 i do have warrenty still but i have a cold air intake on do i need to take that off before i go to the dealer also i cant make it to the dealer for a few days will my truck be ok to drive??

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some dealers are mod friendly, some are not.

If the dealer installed the cold air intake i’d leave it on. If they didn’t, I would put it back to stock

socalboy951

Reaction score
Yea im gona swap it back to stock its driving like normal now but the check engine light is on. I cant make it to the dealership till next week u think it will be ok?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Depends on what's causing the misfire. I'd pull the code, reset the ecu, and see if it comes back if I didn't have anything else to drive while waiting to take it in.

socalboy951

Reaction score
Well i guess it was something linked to my cold air intake after i swapped it back to stock the check engine light is off and everything is good

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Codes can clear themselves if the problem doesn't occur again after several restarts

Users who are viewing this thread