5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inez 3/5 lowering kit installed

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I really like the lowered look. I want to do a 2 / 4 drop.
The Inez kit is nice but a little expensive. I called BellTech and they are developing a kit with no idea when it will be available.
I think that you can change the front coils only to achieve a 2” drop in the front without having the change the upper/lower control arms.
What I can’t believe is that there isn’t a coil already out there that meets all the current front coil specs such as wire size, ID, OD, spring rate but 2” shorter.
Has anyone looked into or researched that.
Appreciate your input.

This was possible on the 4th gen trucks but not on 5th gens. The new trucks have a strut in the front. So you can't just simply swap out the spring.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Beware of incline/decline on interstate bridges, I’ve nearly rubbed through some spots of my front fender liners after 9 months. I’m not thrilled with the rake, a local shop wanted to shim slightly, but was waiting to hear back from IHC... the spacers were installed correctly on mine.

If you want to take the rake out you need to take more off the rear coils. Per the directions you only take off one full coil. I took off 1 and 3/4.

LoRAM

Reaction score
If you want to take the rake out you need to take more off the rear coils. Per the directions you only take off one full coil. I took off 1 and 3/4.
Nope, unable to take out any more off the rear coils due to some instances of slightly bottoming out... tried that route!

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
Looks great, Every time i see one of these 5th gens lowered it makes me want to lower mine.
But since my truck is a 4x4 and I live in New England I would love to see a 2/4 kit come out.
I feel that would be perfect for my truck and still have the ability to drive through the Maine Winters just fine.
Bill

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
I have the 2" lowering springs in the rear but another 2" drop all around and I would be a happy man.
Again both of your trucks (loRAM, SupremeWill) look amazing.
I'm stuck at work today so here are a couple pics of my high not worthy truck, hopefully soon to be lower.
Bill 20190818_153205.jpg 20190818_153224.jpg

Firebird

Reaction score
I have the 2" lowering springs in the rear but another 2" drop all around and I would be a happy man.
Again both of your trucks (loRAM, SupremeWill) look amazing.
I'm stuck at work today so here are a couple pics of my high not worthy truck, hopefully soon to be lower.
Bill View attachment 33872 View attachment 33873
Your truck looks sharp! I did the 2" springs also and love them. Also, like the Mopar vinyl on the bed sides. IMG_20190812_134733.jpg

Senior Chief

Reaction score
I think I found the option for the front; MaxTrac 3" Front Lowering Strut Drop Lowering Kit For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 4WD.
I talked to MaxTrac and it will work on the 2019 1500 rwd and gives you the choice of 1”, 2” or 3” drop. The only question I’ll need to get answered is will there be enough adjustment with the stock control arms.
In also talking to them I asked about the rear, they like Belltech are in development with no idea when they will hit the market (would expect they would have them ready for SEMA).
I had mentioned that IHC has a 4” rear Belltech kit, that looks like it’s for the 2018, they mentioned that the 2018 and 2019 have different springs, but some folks may be using them.
With all that being said and looking at Supreme Will’s truck I want to go with the 3 5 lowering now.
I really apricate everyone’s input

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I think I found the option for the front; MaxTrac 3" Front Lowering Strut Drop Lowering Kit For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 4WD.
I talked to MaxTrac and it will work on the 2019 1500 rwd and gives you the choice of 1”, 2” or 3” drop. The only question I’ll need to get answered is will there be enough adjustment with the stock control arms.
In also talking to them I asked about the rear, they like Belltech are in development with no idea when they will hit the market (would expect they would have them ready for SEMA).
I had mentioned that IHC has a 4” rear Belltech kit, that looks like it’s for the 2018, they mentioned that the 2018 and 2019 have different springs, but some folks may be using them.
With all that being said and looking at Supreme Will’s truck I want to go with the 3 5 lowering now.
I really apricate everyone’s input

The rear springs used for my inez kit are the beltech 4" springs for the 4th gens. I had to take 1 coil off to take another inch.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the new struts were noticeably longer than the 4th gen ones? I remember people saying you could bolt in the 4th gen bilsteins but you would have to run them at max setting and it would be minimal gains.

If that’s true you might get more drop than expected with those, and you might be able to run bilsteins from a 4th gen at the 0 setting and get ~2” drop?

Here ^^^ that makes it look like you could use the bilsteins. But the springs are different, so I wonder how they would effect the ride

Magna

Reaction score
I cut more on the rear coils to lower the rear and then i keep 12 psi in my helper bags to keep from bottoming out.
So your saying I can cut my factory coils on my 19 sport to lower the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread