5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inexpensive light recommendations for stealth bumper

rebel69

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 19 rebel and recently purchased the stealth bumper from ADD. Even though the 1000-1500$ bar light options are probably nice, its significantly more than I am willing to spend.

Anyone have recommendations for something less expensive to fill or partially fill the 40" gap in the bumper? And is it fairly straightforward to use the fog light connections to install/operate these lights (within current limitations)?

Thank you!

B

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
I use BajaDesigns, they often sell their used lights from their sponsored Race Trucks.
I bought a 22"? multi use [spot flood, amber and white] bar from them that was on a KOTH truck a few years back, warrantied and all.

puba08

Reaction score
Check out the RC scratch and dent store on eBay. I’ve yet to get something that didn’t look brand new or work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of OPT7 bars. Had a couple on my previous truck and ATV's that worked for years.

SiRay6

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 19 rebel and recently purchased the stealth bumper from ADD. Even though the 1000-1500$ bar light options are probably nice, its significantly more than I am willing to spend.

Anyone have recommendations for something less expensive to fill or partially fill the 40" gap in the bumper? And is it fairly straightforward to use the fog light connections to install/operate these lights (within current limitations)?

Thank you!

B
I have the ADD bumper and bundled it with the Baja Designs Onyx6.

Caliraisedled is an affordable light that had favorable reviews from the Tacoma and Tundra community. I had their 22" light bar before changing bumpers. They have a 42" curved light bar which uses Osram led. Very affordable at $270.

No, you do not power the light bar by tapping into your fog light wires. You need a wiring harness (caliraisedled sells them for like $35). You need to hookup power wires to the battery and the light bar switch triggers the relay to power on the light bar.

Hope this helps. Im sure there are many options depending on how cheap you want or how much quality you want.

U

User_21361

OP what did you end up going with. I’m in the same boat and have been looking at the rough country light bar

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I second Rigid also(sure they a little more money) but my 8 years old bar still works the same as it did when I bought it.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I second Rigid also(sure they a little more money) but my 8 years old bar still works the same as it did when I bought it.

I'm about to get on that train!

I was looking at a Baja designs bar, but I liked the blacked out look of the Rigid Midnight series, and I would bet the build qualities are roughly equal.

Picked up a set of ebay-brackets, as well as the nuts/bolts that Waterfowler41's youtube channel recommends.

Right now I'm mulling over a rough country wireless witch or not.
Part of me says I think I might prefer the reliability of the hardwired switch

RigidBar.png

2019REBEL

Reaction score
I'm about to get on that train!

I was looking at a Baja designs bar, but I liked the blacked out look of the Rigid Midnight series, and I would bet the build qualities are roughly equal.

Picked up a set of ebay-brackets, as well as the nuts/bolts that Waterfowler41's youtube channel recommends.

Right now I'm mulling over a rough country wireless witch or not.
Part of me says I think I might prefer the reliability of the hardwired switch

View attachment 100220

I got the STL wireless switch on mine. Been using it over 2 years now and haven't had a problem.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, question!

So I got this rigid lightbar, and I got them thar Ebay mounting brackets for inside the lower bumper.
But I see a potential problem.

The bolt has some play in the mount, like the mount would say, "hey uhhhh" and the bolt goes, "LOOK I'M SORRY IT'S COLD OUT AND I'M DRUNK!"

DatBolt.png

However the bolt, is the size that fits in the rigid bar, it was supplied with it.
Should I put some sort of a bushing in there or somethin?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Hey guys, question!

So I got this rigid lightbar, and I got them thar Ebay mounting brackets for inside the lower bumper.
But I see a potential problem.

The bolt has some play in the mount, like the mount would say, "hey uhhhh" and the bolt goes, "LOOK I'M SORRY IT'S COLD OUT AND I'M DRUNK!"

View attachment 100515

However the bolt, is the size that fits in the rigid bar, it was supplied with it.
Should I put some sort of a bushing in there or somethin?

Or put some washers on both sides with a lock nut so you know it won't come off.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LightbarIn.png

Ebay brackets,
Rigid lightbar, 20in "midnight" SR.
There are angles where you don't see the bar, I tried to park it tilted into the light to see it the best!
Hides well in there.

Tonight I test it!

Users who are viewing this thread