5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigo/Sea Salt Interior Cloth material Stain?

juicegoose

Reaction score
Really looking at a 2024 Limited with the Elite interior. It's just beautiful. This is a pavement princess mainly but I do have an 11 and 8 year old. I notice the Elite package interior has a cloth like fabric on the door panels and seats. Anyone with interior had issues?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Once i saw that interior i had to have it too. I asked that question before ordering and got some good responses. See if i can link that thread.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
No, it should be riding the train on the way to the dealer at this very moment !

juicegoose

Reaction score
Man i expect pictures. I love that interior but that fabric integration into the seats has me worried if i ever drink coffee or the kids come out from baseball. I've heard great things about the chemical guys fabric protectant too.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Wish i could find a post from a guy that has had this interior for a few years now. He was worried but isnt anymore. Ill keep looking.
Heres some reading:
5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2019-limited-4x4-with-indigo-frost.4110/#post-761995

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wish i could find a post from a guy that has had this interior for a few years now. He was worried but isnt anymore. Ill keep looking.
Heres some reading:
5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2019-limited-4x4-with-indigo-frost.4110/#post-761995
I had the light interior on my 19’ Limited for 2 years. No issues. I used a leather protector about 1x a month (some cheapo Walmart stuff) and never had denim transfer or spill issues. Course no kids were in it but I was very aware that several owners had reported staining easily.

It turned out to be a non-issue for me however if you have kids… maybe get it professionally sealed or something.

I’m old (68) and remember the 1960’s and 70’s plastic over the seats fad… I had a 1964 Biscayne which came from an elderly uncle with that stuff on the front and back seats. It did work though!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad put waffle pattern plastic seat covers from Fingerhut over the seats of his brand new 1964 vehicle. Several years later, sold the car to my cousin and her husband. They promptly took the plastic covers off and had a "brand new" interior. Lucky them, while my family had to endure looking at the beautiful fabric underneath through thick clear plastic. What was my father thinking? Who was he saving it for? :unsure:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ha ha yes. Did protect though, and if I remember it was at least 1/8” thick material. On mine anyway.
Mostly only us old farts remember that stuff.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Probably get some chemical guys interior protector when i pick her up next week

Users who are viewing this thread