5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inconsistent sound balance on left side

kmr1200

Reaction score
Taking my 2021 Limited to the dealership tomorrow after putting up with 15 months of an irritating audio thing...on podcasts, music, Sirius (while I had it) and radio, about 70% of the time the left side speakers are barely putting out volume. I have played with all the settings...surround sound, speed adjust, adjusting fade/balance...and tried different iPhones and iphone connections (spent $$ on the best USB-C cable) and no change. Also read threads about silencing iPhone notifications for texts/nav etc.

All the things I did to address possible iPhone/Carplay issues in spite of the fact that I had the same problems with Sirius.

Taking to dealership tomorrow. With my luck, the entire time they test it, it will be the 30% of the time that the sound works as it should.

Anyone else have sound issues like this?

nitmik

Reaction score
I've had issues with no to little sound out of the left side of my 2022. It will usually come back after a restart or two. I've found the best way to get it back to normal is a soft reset. This fixes it all the time.

I've noticed it seems to act up after I've taken a phone call.

sillybinaries

Reaction score
Taking my 2021 Limited to the dealership tomorrow after putting up with 15 months of an irritating audio thing...on podcasts, music, Sirius (while I had it) and radio, about 70% of the time the left side speakers are barely putting out volume. I have played with all the settings...surround sound, speed adjust, adjusting fade/balance...and tried different iPhones and iphone connections (spent $$ on the best USB-C cable) and no change. Also read threads about silencing iPhone notifications for texts/nav etc.

All the things I did to address possible iPhone/Carplay issues in spite of the fact that I had the same problems with Sirius.

Taking to dealership tomorrow. With my luck, the entire time they test it, it will be the 30% of the time that the sound works as it should.

Anyone else have sound issues like this?

I struggled with this for some time as well, try going into your Uconnect sound settings and disable "surround sound", that fixed the no sound on left front speaker for me.

kmr1200

Reaction score
Thanks - as I said in the original post, I tried adjusting surround sound and it had no effect.

Took it to dealership the other day, and they called me later and said that they had fixed it under TSB 08-036-22. I was skeptical about that, since that TSB doesn't exactly address my issue, but I was hopeful.

Went today to dealership to pick it up, and plugged phone in and everything was great. As soon as I started to pull away from the service dept entrance, the sound went all to the right side again. I put it in park, walked inside, and my service guy came out and verified that the problem was still there. He called his service manager out and they played around with it for a bit, switching audio source to radio, and the problem persisted. They took the truck back into the shop for 10 minutes and came back out - they said they were going to replace the radio/head unit.

Part will be there in about a week, and I will take it back in.

kmr1200

Reaction score
Darn....radio replaced today, but didn't fix problem. Dealer thinks there must be a wiring issue. Bringing it back in a couple of weeks. Dealer will need truck for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread