5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incentives

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Based off previous months, how much do incentives typically fluctuate each month? I understand you never know what they’ll be until they’re out, but for example if they are 6K this month, have they gone as low as 2K the next month? Or do they TYPICALLY stay roughly around the same ?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you're worried about ordering a truck, you can lock in current incentives. any dealer that says they can't is lying to you. as for your question, i don't think there's any way to predict it, it also HEAVILY varies by trim level.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I just ordered yesterday. I called the US fca incentives hotline and they said only “sold order” incentives can be locked in at time of order.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered yesterday. I called the US fca incentives hotline and they said only “sold order” incentives can be locked in at time of order.
i'm not positive but i'm pretty sure the fact that you ordered means you have a "sold order". originally my dealer told me that can't lock any in, i told them to research the "sold order consumer incentive protection" program. they got back to me in a few hours and said they can honor the incentives that were offered when i ordered back in january. @Silent Bob did a thread specifically on this.

Edit: i see you're already active on that thread. please disregard haha

Cupped_up

Reaction score
i'm not positive but i'm pretty sure the fact that you ordered means you have a "sold order". originally my dealer told me that can't lock any in, i told them to research the "sold order consumer incentive protection" program. they got back to me in a few hours and said they can honor the incentives that were offered when i ordered back in january. @Silent Bob did a thread specifically on this.

Edit: i see you're already active on that thread. please disregard haha

I was told otherwise today by the fca incentives hotline. However, it worked for you. I’ll give my dealer a call tomorrow and see what he says.

tom318

Reaction score
if you're worried about ordering a truck, you can lock in current incentives. any dealer that says they can't is lying to you. as for your question, i don't think there's any way to predict it, it also HEAVILY varies by trim level.
Just curious, what dealer did you order from?

Yangster

Reaction score
I was told otherwise today by the fca incentives hotline. However, it worked for you. I’ll give my dealer a call tomorrow and see what he says.
If you put a deposit down, that qualifies as a sold order.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the POC says "Sold Order" then they put the incentive protection on. Sounds like the dealership just doesn't want to do that to help you out. If your fine with that then so be it as in the end it's your money.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

A "sold order" is when the dealership factory order a vehicle for a specific customer. A "stock order" is for a vehicle to put up for sale on the lot. See snippet of program rules below.

Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection

This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered.

Last edited:

tom318

Reaction score
Jack Phelan, how about you?
Crystal Lake Ram. It was a decent experience but they would NOT lock in current offers. I wasn't aware of this info and I think even at the time they wouldn't have since only 2020s were out and they could only order 21s which weren't even on the ram website till a week or so before I picked mine up.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I didn't think Mark Dodge did this since Aaron told me I'd have to use the incentives available at the time the truck arrived. When I ordered my Rebel in February I believe Cash Allowance was at $1500 with another $500 if you financed with Chrysler. Now it's down to a total of $1500 as of March I believe. Scared to think of what going to happen with them tomorrow. Hoping they go up and don't continue to drop with the low inventory of truck out there.

Edit: Aaron just confirmed with me if the incentives drop tomorrow I can use incentives from February since that's when I placed the order. So with that and the $1k cert email I'm looking at $3k in incentives. Now to look for more ways to get some money off this purchase.

Last edited:

WarReadyVet

Reaction score
I didn't think Mark Dodge did this since Aaron told me I'd have to use the incentives available at the time the truck arrived. When I ordered my Rebel in February I believe Cash Allowance was at $1500 with another $500 if you financed with Chrysler. Now it's down to a total of $1500 as of March I believe. Scared to think of what going to happen with them tomorrow. Hoping they go up and don't continue to drop with the low inventory of truck out there.

Edit: Aaron just confirmed with me if the incentives drop tomorrow I can use incentives from February since that's when I placed the order. So with that and the $1k cert email I'm looking at $3k in incentives. Now to look for more ways to get some money off this purchase.

A local manager with Ford has suggested we'll see incentives continuing to drop (as in less savings through those programs) throughout Spring and early Summer, before creeping back up once the new model years are released. Makes sense. I'm still 10-14 months away from locking down my future truck unless some huge discount happens before then.

Users who are viewing this thread