5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Transition: GM to RAM

Hawaiian_Built

Reaction score
After a month of test driving trucks, spending hours/days at stealerships and building pretend dream trucks on the RAM website, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2022 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6'4" box Night Ed Lvl 2 with Off-Road Group from Renae at MD. I have forever been a fan of the LS motors and cant completely see myself leaving that world. I currently drive two 5.3L swapped Chevy Colorados (Turbo'd RCSB & N/A Lifted CCSB). I live in Las Vegas, NV and due to my recent retirement (USAF), I can no longer register my trucks in Hawaii and they cannot pass smog in Nevada so I was on the hunt for next "Money Pit". My buddy picked up a used 2015 Laramie and I was really impressed with the interior. When I looked at the 2022 Laramies, I had to have one. At 38 yrs old, this will be my first New/Nice vehicle.

I am truly grateful for finding this forum prior to placing my order, as I was able to learn a lot about shopping around (even cross country) for the best deal. Thank you!

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your new Ram. I too am a life long Chevy guy who's last two cars have been Mopar's. A hemi powered 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2021 Ram. I find the fit and finish more refined than my last GM product, a 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali.

Hawaiian_Built

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your new Ram. I too am a life long Chevy guy who's last two cars have been Mopar's. A hemi powered 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2021 Ram. I find the fit and finish more refined than my last GM product, a 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali.
I agree. I looked at the 22 GMC and Chevy 1500s and they just weren't up to par with the Ram in my price range and requirements. And the Laramie Night edition is sooo Pretty!

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your service. Second, congrats on the purchase. And lastly, welcome to the forum!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've been a chevy man all my life. Even had a Corvette back in the day. I don't regret my Ram one bit. Welcome!

BigD

Reaction score
I had a Chevy truck b4 buying my last 2 Rams. I like the 5.7 better than the 5.3 plus I like the interior better. The exterior is nicer looking imo also. The new Chevy's are hideous looking imo. The GMC ain't bad, but the interior still sucks compared to the Ram.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ditto, had a new 08/15/17 Silverado. Was going to buy a 21 if they fixed some of the ugly exterior issues, and changed the interior. But nothing good from gm.

Ram it is. I’m really happy with mine so far, it has its quirks and isn’t perfect. But every new vehicle brand does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anchor Down

Reaction score
Welcome (Retired Navy Medical Service Corps!), you will love this website and learn anything/everything. This group is so helpful. Loving my Laramie!

Users who are viewing this thread