5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in stalled folding mirror on 2019

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yesterday i had my new mirror installed.they had a problem.no module were in the box!!the installer tried to tell me they were non folding is what i had.but i insisted they are but without the module it was my word against theirs.so today i decided to open all my boxes in my "Smoking"room and there it was among all the other boxes.now im in "Hog heaven",but the hardest part was getting those 2plugs out from underneath the dash.what a "Pita".but all in all it took about 30min

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yesterday i had my new mirror installed.they had a problem.no module were in the box!!the installer tried to tell me they were non folding is what i had.but i insisted they are but without the module it was my word against theirs.so today i decided to open all my boxes in my "Smoking"room and there it was among all the other boxes.now im in "Hog heaven",but the hardest part was getting those 2plugs out from underneath the dash.what a "Pita".but all in all it took about 30min

this is the "Dummy"plug i was referring to.you unplug them from that "security gateway mod"and just plug it into that "dummy" plug ,so now it open for you to upload the "Genie mod"

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, but that has to be the most useless video I've seen.

sorry fred try the best i could.wanted to show how plug everything in.but it is so tight in there and very difficult to fit a camera in there plus im 100%Disable.sorry to dissapoint

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok guys i have another vid on the wiriong this time to show were to unplug and where to plug in the wiring.this part shows what all the other not showing.it was hard to shoot the vid with one hand and its very cramp area.but towards the end you will hear the cable being connected back in the "security box"..........

gregkingjd

Reaction score
The video is helpful and it for a 2019 the 2018 Gateway is behind the radio. Glad mine is a 2019. It is helpful to know that the Gateway is on the left side of the fuse block, mounted perpendicular to the fuse block with its connectors toward the floor. I also removed the panel with the pedal controls and emergency brake switch (to the left of the main panel to gain access to the connection. I found it much easier to reach the connectors through there. It would also be helpful to put some dry lube on the interior of the bypass module before you plug it in, to make it easier to remove the connectors when you are finished.

Users who are viewing this thread