5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-line Volume Control for HK Sub

Reaction score
I’ve upgraded the mids and highs in my truck with FaitalPro’s and CDTs and unplugged my sub per many people’s suggestion on here. While the truck sounds great now I do miss a bit of the bottom end the sub provides when listening to certain types of music, but I just can’t stand the boominess of it for other types of music. I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to splice in a remote volume control just for the sub to attenuate it when desired. I’m thinking it would need to probably have high level input/output on it but I’m not really sure exactly what the best way or place to do this would be. Figured I’d see if anyone on here with more knowledge might be able to point me in the right direction on a volume control that might suit this. Obviously I’d want to splice it between the factory amp and the sub somewhere but don’t know if there’s an easily accessible location to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread