5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-floor storage floor liners

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well now I’m curious of two things.
1) What’s in the driver’s side storage?
2) What do you use your ram boxes for? I’m using my driver’s side ram box for the cable and tool storage.

First aid kit in the driver’s side, tools and straps on the pax side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DomW

Reaction score
I don't use the hidden storage much. BUT could you unsnap the carpet and cut the rubber liner over the compartment then lay the carpet back? You could glue the cut-out back to the carpet or leave it out. I'm not at the truck so this may not be feasible. But if someone does this, post a pictures.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Here is the crazy part. The floor storage compartments are much smaller than they could be. I climbed under our new truck yesterday to get a look at these things. There is way more room under the chassis than that these little boxes are using. Additionally, the little fiber-plastic boxes are just sticking down through the floor and have no side or bottom support. While up in a resess between the frame and chassis, to me it looks like these could easily get damaged or knock off if someone is driving over rough terrain off-road. You could put a locking metal cover on the top. But below the truck, any half-way intelligent thief could likely knock holes in them with a hammer.

Our new Ram Lamarie is covered in little "Gee-Whiz" features like these in-floor storage compartments. But it appears the engineers didn't put too much thought into making them particularly useful or secure.

PS: The underside of our truck is beautiful. There's lots of slick aluminum components and the transfer case looks polished. I know it's not, but it's very good-looking under there. Our trucks are shiny both above and below.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Here is the crazy part. The floor storage compartments are much smaller than they could be. I climbed under our new truck yesterday to get a look at these things. There is way more room under the chassis than that these little boxes are using. Additionally, the little fiber-plastic boxes are just sticking down through the floor and have no side or bottom support. While up in a resess between the frame and chassis, to me it looks like these could easily get damaged or knock off if someone is driving over rough terrain off-road. You could put a locking metal cover on the top. But below the truck, any half-way intelligent thief could likely knock holes in them with a hammer.

Our new Ram Lamarie is covered in little "Gee-Whiz" features like these in-floor storage compartments. But it appears the engineers didn't put too much thought into making them particularly useful or secure.

PS: The underside of our truck is beautiful. There's lots of slick aluminum components and the transfer case looks polished. I know it's not, but it's very good-looking under there. Our trucks are shiny both above and below.
I don’t pick mine up until later today or tomorrow morning so I haven’t had time to really check the little things like that out in detail, I don’t make a habit of leaving valuables in my rig unless I’m out hunting… I still feel like they should have a mat that allows access but I suppose they were looking at it as more of a concealment tactical appeal perhaps but given your description of the underside they’re equivalent to American flag concealment cabinets haha
There sure is a heck ton of “gee-whiz” features especially when compared to the half hearted lackluster Chevy cabs… I don’t know what they were thinking on the stock tires thou maybe I’m just outdated and that’s the new trend but my daughters toy tractor has beefier tires… maybe I can get her to swap 🤔

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
2) What do you use your ram boxes for? I’m using my driver’s side ram box for the cable and tool storage.
I'm using my driver side as a cooler on the weekends, so there hasn't been anything in there except the growler I always keep with me. You never know when you might want to fill one on the way home from work. :p

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I don't use the hidden storage much. BUT could you unsnap the carpet and cut the rubber liner over the compartment then lay the carpet back? You could glue the cut-out back to the carpet or leave it out. I'm not at the truck so this may not be feasible. But if someone does this, post a pictures.
That’s what I was thinking, some Betty homemaker kinda mod, just minus the glueing to the carpet haha I just have to wait till mine is in and get a closer look…

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t pick mine up until later today or tomorrow morning so I haven’t had time to really check the little things like that out in detail, I don’t make a habit of leaving valuables in my rig unless I’m out hunting… I still feel like they should have a mat that allows access but I suppose they were looking at it as more of a concealment tactical appeal perhaps but given your description of the underside they’re equivalent to American flag concealment cabinets haha
There sure is a heck ton of “gee-whiz” features especially when compared to the half hearted lackluster Chevy cabs… I don’t know what they were thinking on the stock tires thou maybe I’m just outdated and that’s the new trend but my daughters toy tractor has beefier tires… maybe I can get her to swap 🤔
Make sure that you post photos of your new rig, and when you can, update your sig with your vitals., welcome to the forum

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Make sure that you post photos of your new rig, and when you can, update your sig with your vitals., welcome to the forum
Most definitely will post pics, but what’s a sig? I don’t do much or any social media but I need to get schooled on rams so here I am Teehee

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most definitely will post pics, but what’s a sig? I don’t do much or any social media but I need to get schooled on rams so here I am Teehee
Your signature, it is helpful for other forum members to understand what truck you have to be able to help with questions, etc.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well then your daughter really would have a big wheels

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nothing in the DR side at the moment.

I use the rear driver side RAM BOX mostly to hold a single grocery bag when I hit the store. If I have more than one, then I use the back seat area normally.

I used to hold some of my tools for work in there that I would also use at home (aka Soldering Kit, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread