5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-floor storage floor liners

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Do they make floor liners/mats that accommodate the in floor bins? Not ones I need to dig under
I’ve always gone with weather tech but I’ve also always owned chevy’s…

sorry if there’s already a thread for this or if I’m putting this in the wrong place Teehee

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following.
I agree, getting under the floor mats mine came with was not difficult but it felt like they were hiding the compartments. I got the new Weathertech HPs and I almost have to unsnap it to get it open enough to use one of the bins. If I need to empty/clean the bin and remove the insert I absolutely will need to unsnap that side.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Following.
I agree, getting under the floor mats mine came with was not difficult but it felt like they were hiding the compartments. I got the new Weathertech HPs and I almost have to unsnap it to get it open enough to use one of the bins. If I need to empty/clean the bin and remove the insert I absolutely will need to unsnap that side.
I haven’t picked up my truck yet it’ll be ready Thursday but I’ve always gone straight to a weathertech dealer after leaving the lot. I saw smartliner has some that mention the floor bins but looks like it’s just molded to fit nicely I don’t know anything about that company

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do they make floor liners/mats that accommodate the in floor bins? Not ones I need to dig under
I’ve always gone with weather tech but I’ve also always owned chevy’s…

sorry if there’s already a thread for this or if I’m putting this in the wrong place Teehee
None that I've seen. None of the different versions of factory floor mats accommodate the floor bins even.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always thought it was strange there’s no cut out for the storage bins so you can access them easier…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blankcanvas

Reaction score
They don't (yet) .. but I like having mine hidden for the most part.
Well dang, I was kinda liking the easy access idea rather than concealment…thanks for tossing in the (yet) at least teehee

ahwell guess onto ordering the lift 🤷‍♀️

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have the stock mopar rubber mat and although it is kind of cumbersome to have to lift the mat to access the cover, I dont mind because it actually hides the cubby. Out of sight out of mind so it makes for a great hiding spot for valuables

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the stock mopar rubber mat and although it is kind of cumbersome to have to lift the mat to access the cover, I dont mind because it actually hides the cubby. Out of sight out of mind so it makes for a great hiding spot for valuables
There’s a lock kit on the MOPAR site. Thinking about getting that.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind at much except my rig has the build-in foldable rear seat storage and the stock rubber mats are "PRESS FITTED" and can be a pain -- I just use my RAM BOX more.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at much except my rig has the build-in foldable rear seat storage and the stock rubber mats are "PRESS FITTED" and can be a pain -- I just use my RAM BOX more.
Mine didnt have the under seat storage so I actually made a stationary "box" that does not interfere with the press fit mat so I can lift the mat

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Lifting the mat isn't as much of a problem IMHO, as the fact that the lids don't open all the way with the front seats all the way back (Sorry, I'm 6'5" and I'm not moving the seats forward just for easier access to use the compartments). They can quite nicely hold my jumper cables, flares, fix-a-flat, a tow strap, and a pair of gloves (none of which I'll most likely ever need to use) to free up one of the rear under seat storage bins for a powered sub.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lifting the mat isn't as much of a problem IMHO, as the fact that the lids don't open all the way with the front seats all the way back (Sorry, I'm 6'5" and I'm not moving the seats forward just for easier access to use the compartments). They can quite nicely hold my jumper cables, flares, fix-a-flat, a tow strap, and a pair of gloves (none of which I'll most likely ever need to use) to free up one of the rear under seat storage bins for a powered sub.
Add ratchet straps and you just described the contents of my passenger side rambox LOL.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I’m 5’5 and need a step stool in my shop Teehee so I don’t think I’ll have that issue… is that with the weathertechs? The ones I have in my Chevy there’s no folding them up I have to remove the under seat bin to do that just not sure if the ones for rams are different.
I build custom concealment furniture so when I do in home installs I thought it would be nice to have easy access to them…. Guess I’ll just toss my roadside sh*t happens stash in them and my straps 🤷‍♀️

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I’m 5’5 and need a step stool in my shop Teehee so I don’t think I’ll have that issue… is that with the weathertechs? The ones I have in my Chevy there’s no folding them up I have to remove the under seat bin to do that just not sure if the ones for rams are different.
I build custom concealment furniture so when I do in home installs I thought it would be nice to have easy access to them…. Guess I’ll just toss my roadside sh*t happens stash in them and my straps 🤷‍♀️
I had Mopar/Ram "Weather Tech-like" rubber mats in my 2012 - same issues. I have the LongHorn rubber/carpet mats in my '21 - same deal - they cover up the lids (which is fine), needing to be lifted up to access/open them... but the back of the front seats only allow them to open part way in the 'all the way back' position on the sliders.

First world problems... gotta love it.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Add ratchet straps and you just described the contents of my passenger side rambox LOL.

Mine too .. same side as well :)
Well now I’m curious of two things.
1) What’s in the driver’s side storage?
2) What do you use your ram boxes for? I’m using my driver’s side ram box for the cable and tool storage.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s awesome, I’ve always liked the idea of secret compartment furniture and rooms

Users who are viewing this thread