5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In- channel Window Vent Visors

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any one know of any in-channel vent visors that do not EXTEND all the way down the side of window in front of the side view mirror. The only brand I found are the AVS one's and I don't like how they fit. All the other brands such as Mopar, EGR, Wade and US Visor all extend all the way down in front of the mirror. Wouldn't be surprised if they are all rebranded by EGR. Let me know of any other brands. Thx.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

bourgeois

Reaction score
AVS is the only one I found that doesnt go down the window. I purchased the mopar but not received them yet. The mopar curves in some for the power fold mirrrors

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your reason for not wanting the in-channel vent visors not to extend down the side of the side view mirrors is because they will hit the vent visors. The Mopar vent visors are indented so that the mirrors do not hit when they are folded. (Just and FYI)

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Unfortunately WeatherTec does not make window guards for our trucks. I have them on other cars that own. Their quality is top shelf, very thick and they could bend without cracking. The Mopar is very subpar. I installed these because I want them in~channel only. My Mopar vent visors on a very hot day will "open up with the window". The window and the vent vison on the front window will come down and then go on a crazy angle once the window gets to the half way position. My visors are installed correctly, I done this for at least 2000 on my cars. My Grand Cherokee has WeatherTech, they won't move a fraction, they lock in like iron. The best time to install window in~channel vents in during the summer. After the installation you may have to use both hands on the in & out side of the glass to get the window to close. If this is the case, don't open the window for 2 weeks and make sure you leave the car out in the day sun. This will allow your rubber molding to conform to the addition inside the channel. Unfortunately Mopar is thin and really never locks in the channel. The strip of "glue" is laughable. I don't understand why WeatherTec will not make window vents for the Ram.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI - I have the EGR visors and they do not create any issues with the standard power fold mirrors or windows. I've had them 1.5 years without issue.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Just an FYI - I have the EGR visors and they do not create any issues with the standard power fold mirrors or windows. I've had them 1.5 years without issue.
Tell me are they nice and thick? Or are then on the thin side.

SeanO

Reaction score
I have the mopar ones and so far really enjoy them. The fact that they do extend all the way down the window channel is part of what keeps them in place. There is no tape/glue or push pins on the front window visors, they are just held in by tension. That is why you have to bend them into place when installing.

I posted a thread on them:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took some photos to show what they look like. I think they are as thick as they could be without issues and they look brand-new despite lots of carwashes and use - very high quality and 100% removable. They fit tight and you do have to flex them to install similar to the mopar version which I suspect is a rebranded EGR. The mirrors do make contact but it doesn't interfere with the operation. The first pair I received had a small imperfection and EGR immediately sent a new set and didn't even ask for the blemished set back.

Attachments

• 20200923_171538.jpg
    20200923_171538.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 20200923_171555.jpg
    20200923_171555.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 277
  • 20200923_171527.jpg
    20200923_171527.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 20200923_171600.jpg
    20200923_171600.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 276

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I took some photos to show what they look like. I think they are as thick as they could be without issues and they look brand-new despite lots of carwashes and use - very high quality and 100% removable. They fit tight and you do have to flex them to install similar to the mopar version which I suspect is a rebranded EGR. The mirrors do make contact but it doesn't interfere with the operation. The first pair I received had a small imperfection and EGR immediately sent a new set and didn't even ask for the blemished set back.
Thanks for the pic's they look very nice.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
This weekend I tossed my Mopar in channel window vents. Unfortunately WeatherTec (They are made in Germany) doesn't sell them for RAM trucks. I never liked the Mopar, very thin, flimsy, the back windows have pop pins and clips that go up into the door channel. I just got my EGR set of vents. They are fantastic, so much thicker by almost 30% on the Mopar. They look rich. They are very impressive and I'm thrilled by the purchase. I bought them on Autoanything because they offered free shipping. CarID wants $13.95 then can go and pound sand!

WiolyWonka

Reaction score
This weekend I tossed my Mopar in channel window vents. Unfortunately WeatherTec (They are made in Germany) doesn't sell them for RAM trucks. I never liked the Mopar, very thin, flimsy, the back windows have pop pins and clips that go up into the door channel. I just got my EGR set of vents. They are fantastic, so much thicker by almost 30% on the Mopar. They look rich. They are very impressive and I'm thrilled by the purchase. I bought them on Autoanything because they offered free shipping. CarID wants $13.95 then can go and pound sand!
do the rear visors just pop in without clips? the egg website doesn't include instructions for the rear install. thks

Shorty1315

Reaction score

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do the rear visors just pop in without clips? the egg website doesn't include instructions for the rear install. thks
My EGR in-channel vents had no clips or adhesive. You have to carefully flex the visor to fit it into the window channel and then "set" it by running the power window up and down several times if I recall back to my install. I've had them on for 2 years with plenty of carwashes and high winds etc and they have never moved or come loose.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great info here. I have been contemplating on Mopar or EGR for a while. This thread convinced to go with EGR. Thanks!

sweetwillyj

Reaction score
Great info here. I have been contemplating on Mopar or EGR for a while. This thread convinced to go with EGR. Thanks!
I have EGR in channel matte blacks and they so compliment my 2020 Built to Serve edition Ceramic Gray. My power fold-in mirrors do make slight contact with them at the bottom when retracted, but they don’t seem to be harming anything. Also have Mopar matte black bug/stone deflector.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My EGR in-channel vents had no clips or adhesive. You have to carefully flex the visor to fit it into the window channel and then "set" it by running the power window up and down several times if I recall back to my install. I've had them on for 2 years with plenty of carwashes and high winds etc and they have never moved or come loose.
EGR are equal to WeatherTech in every way. I have both. EGR are Lexan based, just like WeatherTech.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
I have the EGR Window guards and Hood deflector in matte black. The window guards are thick and very substantial. No clips but the rear do have the addition of tape. Just clean the weather stripping with alcohol. Super simple install. The folding mirrors do contact the front slightly but I see no real issues. You'll have to seat the front with a few cycles of the window. I bought the matte black from Dennis as well as other accessories. They were $62 shipped. Couldn't be more pleased with the service from Dennis. Tell him Matt sent you.

Users who are viewing this thread