5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm wanting KO2's but I'm undecided on the size.

RBurr

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 North Edition with the 18" wheels. I'm wanting to put a little bigger tire on and I'm kind of stuck on the KO2's. I want a little taller tire and I want it to stick out a little from the fender. I keep looking at either the 34x12.50 or the 305/65. Then I go back to the 275/70 cause they are about an inch taller then my stock tires and with the side biters they are probably a bit wider than my stock 275 wildpeaks and they have RWL which I do like.

I had a 2018 with the factory 20" wheels. I changed out the stock tires which were 275 for 285 Cooper AT3 XLT and was very happy with the look. They stuck out just a tad past the fender and they looked so much bigger probably cause they were so much more aggressive looking than the stock all seasons. I'm trying to duplicate that so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I am in the same boat when my current Wildpeak wear out. I have the off road package with 18 inch wheels as well and want the KO2s. Unfortunately I do not think (from my research) that BF Goodrich makes a perfect size for us with the 18" and 8" rim width size we need. The wheel width limits our options a lot and the tallest I think they offer is the 275/70/R18 which is 33.2" tall and I think an inch taller than the stock Wildpeaks. We would have no clearance issues with those I think, can use stock wheels, and be slightly taller with more aggressive look. That is most likely what I am going to go with when the time comes. The other sizes you referenced I do not think will fit our wheel width unless I am mistaken.

RBurr

Reaction score
I am in the same boat when my current Wildpeak wear out. I have the off road package with 18 inch wheels as well and want the KO2s. Unfortunately I do not think (from my research) that BF Goodrich makes a perfect size for us with the 18" and 8" rim width size we need. The wheel width limits our options a lot and the tallest I think they offer is the 275/70/R18 which is 33.2" tall and I think an inch taller than the stock Wildpeaks. We would have no clearance issues with those I think, can use stock wheels, and be slightly taller with more aggressive look. That is most likely what I am going to go with when the time comes. The other sizes you referenced I do not think will fit our wheel width unless I am mistaken.

I've been considering the 295/70 Wildpeak but I think I'm going with the 305 KO2. I'm not to worried about the rim width I just don't want the tire poking out to far past the fender. I'm looking for them to be be almost flush with the fender.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious...how did you do the ORG with 18" wheels? Didn't it come with 20" by default? Mine did, but I have a Longhorn.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I've been considering the 295/70 Wildpeak but I think I'm going with the 305 KO2. I'm not to worried about the rim width I just don't want the tire poking out to far past the fender. I'm looking for them to be be almost flush with the fender.
How would you mount the tire that in incompatible with the wheel? New rims?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Just curious...how did you do the ORG with 18" wheels? Didn't it come with 20" by default? Mine did, but I have a Longhorn.
I special ordered my RAM and I do not believe ORG had wheels with the package. I think most dealers simply order the higher trims with 20s but I wanted the 18s to save money and gain the sidewall area. Part of the reason why I did a custom order from the factory.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I special ordered my RAM and I do not believe ORG had wheels with the package. I think most dealers simply order the higher trims with 20s but I wanted the 18s to save money and gain the sidewall area. Part of the reason why I did a custom order from the factory.
Okay, thanks. Mine was a custom order as well, but the standard wheels on a Longhorn are 20". I remember that I couldn't do the ORG with 22" wheels (for obvious reasons), but I don't think 18" wheels were even an option for me.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went through this a little looking for an aftermarket 18” set up for my truck truck. If you go to discount tires site and search a tire it will tell you the rim width range that they will work on. I ended up calling them because their site differed from Goodyears site when looking at duratracs. Discount tire told me that they test fit all the tires they sell on different wheel widths and obviously cover everything warranty wise as well.

So in this case even on their site it says neither of those sizes will work for an 8” wheel. It says 8.5” is the smallest width.

Users who are viewing this thread