5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so confused...Need help with leveling kit

drchris1978

Reaction score
I've been reading about leveling kits for days now and my head is spinning. I have a 2020 Rebel, so its got the factory 1" lift. I'd like to level it but there's so many options. I guess my question is what kit will allow me to level it and keep a decent ride quality? Some folks are saying get a UCA kit and others are saying do the Bilstein 5100's. I DO NOT want preload spacers as I understand the ride gets a bit bumpy. I've also read about the MOPAR 2" lift/leveling kit. Also will I need to raise the rear up 1-1.5" like others have? I'm super confused on what to go with. Please help!

popcenator

Reaction score
I have the 5100s all around, at the 5th setting. This retains a slight rake which is what I wanted. I also got RC UCAs but they definitely weren't needed in my case. The ride is no different than the Bilsteins that came with the Rebel. If you want it perfectly level, I've seen people add a small top spacer as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

drchris1978

Reaction score
I’d prefer no rake, what size upper spacer would I need? I’m thinking like 1/2” or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Motofab 2.5" strut top spacer levels the Rebel perfectly. I used new UCA's for peace of mind and would recommend them. The best part is, it's all DIY doable which ever way you go. I think you're dictated by budget and ride quality... new struts will be the most expensive, but will probably give the best ride... strut top spacer coming in a close second.

Good luck and have fun!

drchris1978

Reaction score
Thank you, I think I’ll start out with Bilstein 5100’s and see how that goes. I’d do a dell 4-6” lift but I can’t see myself cutting up a new truck. It just doesn’t sit well with me, plus all I really want to do is get rid of the forward rake in the suspension. Thanks again!!!

popcenator

Reaction score
I think 1/2" is what I saw, so that should get you level. Here's a thread with exactly that installed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Bilstein Catalog doesn't show a 5100 for the Rebels but people are running the normal 24-232203 without the 5100 lower seat adapter. Set them at #4 and that should leave a little rake in the back, set at #5 you may need a spacer or longer rear coil springs to have some rear rake.

Some seem to think a fully flat looking truck is cool, wait until they load their truck bed or even put 3 people in the back with couple of luggages :), eventually you'll mod the truck with steel bumpers, relocate a bigger tire to the truck bed, maybe do 100lbs each rock sliders, run RTT setup etc.lol. You want a little rake to compensate for extra weight so you can always add rear spacers or longer rear springs if you're looking flat or nose high after lifting your front.

drchris1978

Reaction score
I can certainly live with a small rake, 1/2” isn’t even noticeable. And I agree, the minute any extra weight is in the rear it’s gonna squat lower than the front.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put 2" motofab spacers on my Rebel with stock UCA's. Quick and easy install except for separating one ball joint on the UCA. Had about half inch of rake before I did some work on the back that lifted it about 1/2".

IrishRED

Reaction score
So, I am sorry .... I have been reading too many threads on this!! I have a non-rebel Ram and want to add the 5100s just to level or come close to level. Is it the 4th or 5th setting that will get you to within 1/2" of level?

drchris1978

Reaction score
So, I am sorry .... I have been reading too many threads on this!! I have a non-rebel Ram and want to add the 5100s just to level or come close to level. Is it the 4th or 5th setting that will get you to within 1/2" of level?

Attachments

• Bilstein 5100 Spring Perch Settings.jpg
    Bilstein 5100 Spring Perch Settings.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread