5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm on my second radio and now the dealer wants to put a third one in to "fix" my ills

yellowboy

Reaction score
(I had posted a related issue about the replacement in a thread that talks about the A/C lacking in the 2020's.) I took my 2019 to the local dealer because I felt the A/C was not up to par, but was also having other issues. The outside temperature was 7-8 degrees off from actual, the voice command button only worked 50% of the time, and sometimes the truck would stay in E/E level at highway speeds. So they put a new radio/control head in and said it will fix everything. . Now the A/C is the same (weak) the outside temperature reading is still off, but the E/E seems to work now but to early to tell for sure. However the voice command does not recognize my voice like to old one. Even when I talk clearly and loud it does not know what I am saying about 30% of the time and even makes a phone call when I ask for directions ! So they want to put another radio in. I asked them what the chance of getting two bad ones --they said it happens ?? Is there a learning curve in the computer box for voice recognition ? I don't remember having this issue of it not recognizing me when the truck was new .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online