5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm fed up

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That looks great. How’d you make it?

P.S. For those looking for their rain, the eastern half of the country found it, in a big way.

BoDoP

Reaction score
Now I think I know why the neighbor has his kid ride in the bed only when it is raining.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
with getting water all over the lens of my backup camera when it rains ;) After searching the web for some kind of shield and not finding anything I liked, I made my own. May not look pretty but it works great. View attachment 104249
Looks like that will help keep falling rain off the lens, but how well does it work when you're driving on a wet road at highway speeds? That's where most of my issues with the lens happen. Since there's mist spraying in all directions back there, I'm wondering how effective your mod would be for that?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like that will help keep falling rain off the lens, but how well does it work when you're driving on a wet road at highway speeds? That's where most of my issues with the lens happen. Since there's mist spraying in all directions back there, I'm wondering how effective your mod would be for that?
I think putting RainX on the lens would be more effective.

Rick J

Reaction score
That looks great. How’d you make it?

P.S. For those looking for their rain, the eastern half of the country found it, in a big way.
I cut a piece out of a 1" hose clamp and the used double sided trim tape to attach it to the top side of the camera.

I tried RainX and that didn't help much.

I haven't had a problem with rain splashing up on it but I haven't been on the freeway during heavy rain with it yet.

jessed1

Reaction score
I installed a tiny wiper blade on mine. It was a very difficult mod.
We had air knives on one of the camera systems I worked on... of course, it does require a lot of high pressure air

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like it will keep the rain off when parked but how does it work with keeping the road spray off which is what makes it dirty?

Users who are viewing this thread