5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ignition swtich fuse?

instrumentally

Reaction score
Is there a fuse associated with the ignition switch on a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited? I was attempting to install a bypass/kill-switch ignition harness and ended up sparking a loose wire end against some metal. I heard an arcing. Now, my ignition does not come on/light up at all, nor the dash, even when restoring the original ignition harness. I am hoping that I simply blew a fuse, but don't know what to look for.

Thanks.

instrumentally

Reaction score
I am answering my own question after discovering the answer: Yes, there is a fuse associated with the ignition switch. See F24, a 15 amp blue fuse, located under the dashboard.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am answering my own question after discovering the answer: Yes, there is a fuse associated with the ignition switch. See F24, a 15 amp blue fuse, located under the dashboard.
Now that you found your answer, I hope you learned to unhook the negative cable from the battery before starting any electrical work on your truck to prevent this in the future

instrumentally

Reaction score
As they say, live and learn....hopefully.

Before letting this thread go dark, how about a related question?

Do I use a fast blow or slow blow fuse to replace the blown fuse?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As they say, live and learn....hopefully.

Before letting this thread go dark, how about a related question?

Do I use a fast blow or slow blow fuse to replace the blown fuse?
If you want to protect your electronics a fast blow, if there is even an option between the two.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I unfortunately learned this same lesson when I first began working with 12v systems. Definitely unhook and discharge any battery power before doing anything lol.

W Six

Reaction score
Glad its ok. That's some very useful info.
Thanks for sharing it.

Users who are viewing this thread