5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ignition start button intermittent with LED third brake light bulb

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else is having issues starting their truck with a LED third brake light bulb installed. Truck key fob features work as designed such as locking, unlocking, and remote start, however if I go out to my truck, unlock it, get in and push the button to start it, I get the key fob not detected and most times have to pull my key out of my pocket and push the button with the fob. Switched keys and it does the same thing with both keys. I used to work for a DCJR dealership as an advisor so I had a buddy fin a STAR case for the issue that I will attach. At the end of the case it says to check for an LED bulb for the third brake light bulb. Just wondering if anyone else with an LED third brake light bulb has this issue. I used a LASFIT LED bulb so its not some cheap chinese bulb! lol

Attachments

• lytle.pdf
    278.1 KB · Views: 21

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots and lots of post on here already about it. I'm one of them having issues. When it gives me issues, I first turn it to ACC, then it starts fine.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Lots and lots of post on here already about it. I'm one of them having issues. When it gives me issues, I first turn it to ACC, then it starts fine.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I actually just found the thread about them in the exterior part of the forum! Thanks, looks like guys with the diode dynamics ones dont have any issues. I will have to try that(y)

Bearded_Yeti

Reaction score
Lasfit has since updated their bulbs. If you purchase directly from them the updated versions do not have issues. My 2020 Laramie has the LED Package except the cargo/3rd brake light. I swapped them out a few days ago and haven't had a single issue. I was expecting them to fail right off the bat but they have been perfect.

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Lasfit has since updated their bulbs. If you purchase directly from them the updated versions do not have issues. My 2020 Laramie has the LED Package except the cargo/3rd brake light. I swapped them out a few days ago and haven't had a single issue. I was expecting them to fail right off the bat but they have been perfect.

Since posting this I ordered and replaced them as well with the updated design and have had no issues ever since! Thanks though!

Samson75

Reaction score
Bought the

LASFIT 921 912 T15 CANBUS Error Free LED Reverse Back Up Light Bulb, White Light, New Upgrade​

On Amazon. AMAZING! Bright and trouble/error free . Now let’s see how they stand up

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Bought the

LASFIT 921 912 T15 CANBUS Error Free LED Reverse Back Up Light Bulb, White Light, New Upgrade​

On Amazon. AMAZING! Bright and trouble/error free . Now let’s see how they stand up

Mine has been flawless so far!!

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score

do you have a exact link to amazon

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lasfit told me as long as it has the R at the end of the part number, those are the upgraded ones.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Samson75

Reaction score
Update, I think it’s been something like five or six months now. These things are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samson75

Reaction score
Wow! Nope. Since last June!! buy them !! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread