5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your U Connect defaults to FM on ignition cycle, instead of BT, try this

tech97elec

Reaction score
So for year, U Connect v 26.15 and 26.17, always defaulted to FM on every ignition cycle even though phone was still in truck. It didnt matter whether it was within 10 seconds or later that day, always had to choose from FM.... back to BT.

Im using an android phone, so not sure about Iphones.

Go to DEVICE MANAGER, click on the SETTINGS, then make sure your phone is set to FAVORITE 1.
Hope it works for you like it did me.

No matter what i tried, would it default to BT after an ignition cycle. Today, worked every time. You can see the solid 🌟 showing my phone is favorite in first photo.

Attachments

• 20230203_143132.jpg
    20230203_143132.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230203_143141.jpg
    20230203_143141.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 36

mick243

Reaction score
doesnt help in my truck (22laramie + iphone)

if I have only one phone paired, its not too bad - maybe defaults to fm radio 10% of the time, but with 2 phones paired it defaults to fm radio 100% of the time, even when going from acc to run, sometimes just opening a door

tech97elec

Reaction score
doesnt help in my truck (22laramie + iphone)

if I have only one phone paired, its not too bad - maybe defaults to fm radio 10% of the time, but with 2 phones paired it defaults to fm radio 100% of the time, even when going from acc to run, sometimes just opening a door
Hmmm. Odd. Are you running 26.17 and is it a 12 inch u connect 5? Mine is still working correctly after i selected "favorite 1" and it had never once stayed on BT in over a year.

I have 2 phones paired as well, but admit my wife hasnt been in truck since. Have the other person turn off BT on their phone, see if that works.

As soon as i allow, lol, wife back in truck w her phone ill post back.

Curious, did this work for anyone else like it did for me?

mick243

Reaction score
Hmmm. Odd. Are you running 26.17 and is it a 12 inch u connect 5? Mine is still working correctly after i selected "favorite 1" and it had never once stayed on BT in over a year.

I have 2 phones paired as well, but admit my wife hasnt been in truck since. Have the other person turn off BT on their phone, see if that works.

As soon as i allow, lol, wife back in truck w her phone ill post back.

Curious, did this work for anyone else like it did for me?
sorry about the delay.... yes, 12 inch UC5

no , stuck on FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD

OTA does not work, neither does my USB, so the dealer (or me...) cannot install a later update. still waiting on RAM to authorise the dealer to do a warranty fix

what I'd really like is for a way to disable access to the am/fm radio entirely, and only be able to select usb/bluetooth or aux...

tech97elec

Reaction score
sorry about the delay.... yes, 12 inch UC5

no , stuck on FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD

OTA does not work, neither does my USB, so the dealer (or me...) cannot install a later update. still waiting on RAM to authorise the dealer to do a warranty fix

what I'd really like is for a way to disable access to the am/fm radio entirely, and only be able to select usb/bluetooth or aux...
This software is a joke.
Whats the sense of having buildable HOME SCREENS if damned thing wont default to it on every ignition cycle? Mine still, and always has, defaulted to APPS PAGE.

Every electronic device, pc, phone, most programs have a home screen(s). I would think in logic that a Home Screen would be the "go to" page on an ignition cycle. That the way i want it.

mesalum

Reaction score
I only listen to Sirius/XM and music files from thumb drive in USB1. I have an Android Phone paired.

If I was listening to Sirius/XM on power off the next time I drive it will use Sirius/XM.

If I was listening to music from USB1 on power off the next time I drive it goes to FM tuner.

I've done the favorites 1 fix and it does the above.
Jeff

tech97elec

Reaction score
I only listen to Sirius/XM and music files from thumb drive in USB1. I have an Android Phone paired.

If I was listening to Sirius/XM on power off the next time I drive it will use Sirius/XM.

If I was listening to music from USB1 on power off the next time I drive it goes to FM tuner.

I've done the favorites 1 fix and it does the above.
Jeff
All of this is programming basics. Period.

"Last Source used" is not something new. Every Alpine Head unit invented has done this for me through the years.

Ive spoke w RAM CARES many times a year ago about this. They agreed. Here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread