5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idiot here, need advice/help

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
I put a half a gallon of washer fluid in the coolant overflow, drove it 20 minutes.

Don't worry?

Drain and refill cooling system?

Flush cooling system?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If engine is still hot, try to siphon out the overflow, or see if you can get to hose connected to bottom and drain it. The washer fluid will only get into the engine once coolant cools down and is sucked back out of overflow

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
I peered down in the reservoir and I think it might all still be in there. I'm going to try siphoning as you suggest and hopefully I can get nearly all of it.

Being washer fluid, it has some antifreeze in it, so maybe not too much of a problem.

Jake1050

Reaction score
If the color is different and you think 90% is still on the overflow Id just suck that out and replace it with the correct coolant and call it good.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
So I went the siphon way. Sucked out all I could, refilled with water, rinse and repeat like 6 times until it was perfectly clear. Double checked the coolant to make sure it was orange. It (still) is.

So I think crisis averted.

Thanks for tuning in and helping me out.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I went the siphon way. Sucked out all I could, refilled with water, rinse and repeat like 6 times until it was perfectly clear. Double checked the coolant to make sure it was orange. It (still) is.

So I think crisis averted.

Thanks for tuning in and helping me out.
Hope you used distilled water. And if you live where it freezes, might want to add coolant with the water

Users who are viewing this thread