5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas to “re-invigorate/renew” my truck?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A 5 year old vehicle shouldn't have that bad of paint. If it does, there are other issues Plastidip isn't going to fix. You do need a smooth base surface to get that finish. So depending on how bad the paint is yes, it could need some sanding to smooth it out. Any imperfections will show through.

If you think you are getting a quality full paint job for less than $10k you are not getting a quality paint job, and probably just called maaco.
A full paint job is between 10-15k depending on the car\truck and the paint.
It's not a paint that will just "peel off" if someone don't like it.

I have chips on my front bumper the first month I had it. a few year old vehicle is going to have scratches and chips here and there, and then it sounds like plastidip isn't going to hide it anyways? I guess if you don't want to pay for a proper paint job.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A full paint job is between 10-15k depending on the car\truck and the paint.
It's not a paint that will just "peel off" if someone don't like it.

I have chips on my front bumper the first month I had it. a few year old vehicle is going to have scratches and chips here and there, and then it sounds like plastidip isn't going to hide it anyways? I guess if you don't want to pay for a proper paint job.
Guess it depends on how well you take care of your vehicle in the first place.

And yep, it can peel off if you change your mind, and the paint underneath will still be in the same condition as when it was covered. To some, that's a benefit. You are making it out to be a negative it seems s

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
And you opinion about this is how I feel about rock lights and wheel well lights on trucks. It's the new "underglow" that was popular in the 90s, only on lifted trucks. And I didn't like it in the 90s either.
Lol ok😂

Users who are viewing this thread