5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon rear coil install ?

Ccm12

Reaction score
Got a pair of the icon coils I am going to install with new bilstein. Reading through instructions to get everything laid out and call me stupid but am confused. Instructions say to jack front of vehicle and support with lack stands. It then skips to disconnecting sway barand track bar bolts before lowering rear axle and removing and adding coils. How does raising the front then allow you to lower rear axle? I thought you would jack truck from rear dif, support on frame with stands near rear, then lower jack 2 inches to lower axle.
What am I missing here for folks that have done this. Any tips?
icon instructions here

Devon G

Reaction score
dunno, I raised the back and put jack stands on the frame rails closest to the rear end.

Ccm12

Reaction score
dunno, I raised the back and put jack stands on the frame rails closest to the rear end.
Did you jack the back from the rear differential case? Any other tips on the install?

Devon G

Reaction score
yes, I did jack from the rear diff. placed jack stands. left jack there to drop diff. Higher you place stands easier it will be to drop. block front wheels so you know, truck doesnt try to run away. Make sure you re use the rubber isolators on top of springs, I also re-used the plastic spring wrap from the ram springs, since the top coils are so close.

cervelo15

Reaction score
yes, I did jack from the rear diff. placed jack stands. left jack there to drop diff. Higher you place stands easier it will be to drop. block front wheels so you know, truck doesnt try to run away. Make sure you re use the rubber isolators on top of springs, I also re-used the plastic spring wrap from the ram springs, since the top coils are so close.
How’s the ride with these? I ha e a set for the rear that’s going on with my Mopar lift when it gets installed.

Sugar

Reaction score
I did mine by jacking up under the frame rails and then the rear diff to lower it after disconnecting as stated earlier. As long as it’s in park, with jacks supporting in a safe manner, it’s a fairly easy install.

Devon G

Reaction score
Takes out a lot of the body roll. super fast response on dips, takes out all the rocking back and forth. love them. Put in Bilstein 6112/5160 at same time so hard to tell how much responsibility they have for the improvement, but much beefier than the org junk.

Ccm12

Reaction score
Got mine in. Folded and paid a shop to do it

Attachments

• 2AAD5AA7-5228-4831-81AB-EBF9E9E53AE8.jpeg
    2AAD5AA7-5228-4831-81AB-EBF9E9E53AE8.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread