5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICON or ORP springs

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Just seeing what y'all recommend for the rear, both are about the same price (with in $100). I hear the ICON are a bit soft and the ORP are vey stiff. Not sure if any of that is true. If you have the ICONs I'd like your feedback

ironking

Reaction score
The Icons should give you an additional.25-.5” depending on model of truck. The Icons are also dual rate springs as compared to the single rate of the ORP. Theoretically, Icons should give you a better ride, but I also don’t have experience with the ORP springs to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saylor

Reaction score
ORP package is not bad at all. its making me have a hard time justifying any upgrade.
coming out of a '15 2WD into a '20 4WD ORP its breddy niaz. its a stiff shock maybe but its not jarring i didnt spill my NoS so it was adequate.

saylor

Reaction score
so i happened to be under the truck today installing nerf bars, and the shocks are labeled hitachi mexico

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Since I had $200 gift card to amazon I went with the ICON dual rate springs, if I don't like them I'll pull them out, easiest enough job

Txy

Reaction score
Since I had $200 gift card to amazon I went with the ICON dual rate springs, if I don't like them I'll pull them out, easiest enough job
I'm looking for rear springs to lift the rear .5" to 1". How much lift did you get from the ICON's. My truck is sitting completely level and I can't stand it.

MadMater'

Reaction score
I JUST dropped my ORP Rebel off and should be picking it up tomorrow with a 1.5" ICON and 5100s. I can comment on that change once I get it back.

Codybenz

Reaction score
I'm looking for rear springs to lift the rear .5" to 1". How much lift did you get from the ICON's. My truck is sitting completely level and I can't stand it.
If you have ORP then icon rear springs with give you a .5inch lift in rear. If you don’t have ORP then they will give you 1.5 inch in rear.

Reactions: Txy

Txy

Reaction score
If you have ORP then icon rear springs with give you a .5inch lift in rear. If you don’t have ORP then they will give you 1.5 inch in rear.
Thanks for the reply. 1.5 is too much for me w non orp. Looks like I'll just grab some orp springs.

@MadMater' you would happen to live somewhere in mn and selling your orp rear springs would you? Lol

MadMater'

Reaction score
I am located in MD unfortunately. I am going to try and sell whats left of my Readylift SST kit (minus control arms), the rear ORP spring and the stock 4600s as a package locally once I get it back and decide I am happy with it etc. But we will cross that bridge once I get it back etc. currently shop is telling me some BS about Bilstein 5100s not working on Rebel etc. but it may be worked out, we will see lol

MadMater'

Reaction score
I can get some pics with some measurements when I get back from camping this weekend but 5100s on setting 5 with ORP and icon 1.5" spring def gives it rake plenty of rake maybe more than I want. I havent had it long enough to really answer that lol but at first look it feels like the stock rake but slightly higher.

theblakester

Reaction score
Following. Seems like I had come across a few threads that claimed the Icon 1.5” dual rate springs only got some guys 1” of lift. Made me not want to consider getting them to replace my ORP springs, although ideally that extra half inch from the Icons vs the ORP springs would give me the perfect amount of rake for what I’m going for.

MadMater'

Reaction score
Here are those pics.

Here are my before/Afters. 2021 Rebel
Before: Factory Bilstein 4600s, ORP
After: Bilstein 5100s setting 5, RL UCA, Icon +1.5" Rear Coil Spring
I put a few hundred miles on it this weekend and it is pretty damn close stock ride. If I am looking for something, i feel like the back end feels slightly looser going around an exit ramp etc. but this could be me digging for something, I only had a few hundred miles on the truck total before this switch. So far I am happy.
View attachment 90304 View attachment 90301 View attachment 90302 View attachment 90299 View attachment 90303 View attachment 90300

merdon1332000

Reaction score
TXY,

I got about 1 to 1.5" lift, however they were awful and I pulled them out. They weren't stable at all, made tons of noise and over all not worth a dime. just my opinion on them

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
recently installed the clayton gladiator 2.5 triple rate springs for around 260$ and love em. gained 1.5 inches more than i had with the orp springs

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online