5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon 2-3” 2.5 VS IR coilover kit

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
i was looking for a coilover kit for my 2020 ram 1500 sport. I stumbled upon icon’s website and found these 2.5 vs ir coilover shocks. These are priced very nicely. does anyone know how they ride? don’t want anything way too stiff. will be driving on road 95% of the time. What i’ve researched is that icon coilovers are stiffer than fox and kings. But these 2.5‘s are only a smidge more than fox’s 2.0 coilovers. Also they go upto 3 inch lift In the front. IMG_0234.png

Attachments

• IMG_0235.png
    IMG_0235.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 16

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Icon is Digressive valved. If you tow a lot this is good for you. If not it can beat you up at low speed like the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins will be much less expensive for about the same ride. Either of them will help with body roll. If you want cush then you need Fox or King.

Last edited:

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
Icon is Digressive valved. If you tow a lot this is ood for you. If not it can beat you up at low speed like the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins will be much less expensive for about the same ride. Either of them will help with body roll. If you want cush then you need Fox or King.
I might go with carli commuter Setup appears to be the best kit for on road plush ride.

Daverous

Reaction score
I have the icon 2.5 setup on mine with cdc front and rear. It's a good ride. Very plated and predictable. At setting 1 with supporting mods is pretty dang plush while maintaining control. I do have upgraded sway bars, bushings, links, and control arms.

That being said I have the fox 2.5 cdc sitting on my bench to install. I got froggy and bought early off the shelf with Icon, not thinking about the issues my rebel with the diesel would cause on tuning and spring rates. I worked with Accutune Offroad to build my new set to match the ride height, weight, and characteristics I wanted. Even took multiple cat scale readings to send to them.

I guess all I'm saying is make sure you talk to them first. Carli is top notch stuff, but make sure you speak with them about your needs before dropping 4k. They're great to deal with and will let you know what you need! Buy once my friend!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carli over icons.
I've heard of so many horror stories involving icons such as leaky shocks and sheared off shocks
and friend of a friend had his icon sheared off while wheeling on his bronco.

You can't go wrong with Carli.

Moto21

Reaction score
Carli over icons.
I've heard of so many horror stories involving icons such as leaky shocks and sheared off shocks
and friend of a friend had his icon sheared off while wheeling on his bronco.

You can't go wrong with Carli.
and my carli kits for sale! haha

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also double check the price.... I'm guessing the price shown in your screen shot is just for the fronts... so when you say its just a bit more than Fox 2.0's, my understanding is that's for all 4 Fox shocks.

My understanding is that Icon makes top notch quality stuff, but its definitely geared more toward firm handling and at-the-limit damping. You'll gain those things at the expense of low speed impact absorption, e.g. expansion joints, pot holes, manhole covers etc. at around-town speeds - at least until you spring for the CDCV adjuster features, and now you are looking at a $3.5k+ proposition.

Users who are viewing this thread