5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wasn't even supposed to be here today

BDCarp04

Reaction score
OK, so I'm here under protest. Sort of. Well, I was.

I had the perfect set up. I owned a 2017 Charger 392 Daytona that was my baby, and had a winter beater (2010 Chevy Malibu) to get me through the winters and rough weather days along with helping to keep miles low on the Charger to and from work. My wife drives a 2017 Pacifica for hauling kids and whatnot so we did have somewhat of a bigger vehicle if we needed to haul a little bit of stuff here and there. Always been a car guy, never owned a truck. Life was good for me........Until my oldest daughter got a little thing called a driver's permit, and all of a sudden the countdown was on for my current winter beater to be turned into a 16 year old's daily driver. Which left me with about a year to decide on one of two options - I either spend the money on another winter beater and keep my situation the way it is, or I bite the bullet and trade in the fun car for something a little more practical that I could drive year round.

I knew which option *I* wanted, but the dealership and my wife had other ideas! When I swung by "just to look" I got hooked!.......bottom line the ride in the RAM was TOO NICE (I can't believe how smooth these things ride now!), the deal was good (got them to throw in running boards, bed liner, and tonneau cover to seal the deal), and they offered more than I was expecting for the 392 because they didn't have anything like it on the lot and wanted it.

I went in under protest, and I came back more than happy with my decision. This truck is pretty amazing and has exceeded my expectations every way possible so far. No regrets!

qL7lSDg.jpg

VIKiXFB.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of having a teenaged driver lol. The vehicle we picked up for our 17 year old is a 2010 Corolla that had 45,000 miles on it. Yes it really was owned by a little old lady and she never had anyone in the back seat. Quite the contrast going from bright yellow to the black. Hopefully the Ram meets and exceeds your needs and it treats you like that 392...

Users who are viewing this thread