5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to remove air dam

Asahdev17

Reaction score
I want to remove my air dam on my 2021 ram limited. If i remove it is there gonna be any issue? Like a check engine light, or a code that comes on the dashboard or anything. Pls someone tell me

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a possibility. I removed mine a few mi ths again. Also disabled it using alfaOBD. Last week after we got a good snow I started getting check engine lights for the active grill shutters. Got underneath Monday night and the connector has started to get corrosion from the salt in roads. Cleaned the connector and wrapped a bag around it with electrical tape to keep it dry. So far check engine light has stayed off. I park in a garage so the connector was dry when I wrapped it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yup. What he said. Just tape up the connector and have autozone clear the check engine light

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have a 2021 big horn and unplugged the active air damn 6-8 months ago and taped up the connector with no cel light. I am contemplating removing the stationary air damn.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
And if I just go to autozone and tell them to remove the check engine light it should be good to go?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
And if I just go to autozone and tell them to remove the check engine light it should be good to go?
You'll only need to clear a code If you have a CEL now. Removing the AAD shouldn't throw a CEL so there's no need to have any codes cleared after removing the AAD if you don't have a CEL now.

I have a 2021 big horn and unplugged the active air damn 6-8 months ago and taped up the connector with no cel light. I am contemplating removing the stationary air damn.
Do it! Looks so much better with them both removed. Here's how my Limited looked after removing both air dams...
New tires front quarter.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You'll only need to clear a code If you have a CEL now. Removing the AAD should throw a CEL so there's no need to have any codes cleared after removing the AAD if you don't have a CEL now.

Do it! Looks so much better with them both removed. Here's how my Limited looked after removing both air dams...
View attachment 152693
This is why my truck looked like after zi removed them both. Lol

PXL_20230212_183142777.jpg

PunisherCTSV

Reaction score
There is a possibility. I removed mine a few mi ths again. Also disabled it using alfaOBD. Last week after we got a good snow I started getting check engine lights for the active grill shutters. Got underneath Monday night and the connector has started to get corrosion from the salt in roads. Cleaned the connector and wrapped a bag around it with electrical tape to keep it dry. So far check engine light has stayed off. I park in a garage so the connector was dry when I wrapped it.
Which setting in Alfaobd? I just removed mine while installing an ADD front Bumper

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Which setting in Alfaobd? I just removed mine while installing an ADD front Bumper
If you go into alfaObd change config and do a search for "active" there is an option that will come up to toggle active airdam present to off. Although, I discovered, even with it all, once my connector got some moisture in it combined with road salt in winter and shorted rhenoin, it still caused a CEL for grill shutters. Cleaned up the connector, wrapped and sealed it, and no issues since

Users who are viewing this thread