5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to buy a new truck, any tips on dealing with car dealers?

himanshuxoxo00

Reaction score
I know a lot of you prefer used over new, but i just don't think used is for me since 1. They're extra expensive imo. 2. Hard to find the exact one you want, plus they're far away. 3. I'm buying a truck that will last me 10+ years (hopefully lol) https://vlc.onl/

Anyways, now that we got that put of the way. What should i ask when going to the dealer? What tricks should i not fall for? I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty good at getting persuaded if I'm not on guard lol, honestly it sounds scary to me. Appvalley

I've finally made a decision and want to get a Ford F-150 Platinum edition, i was messing around with the ford.shop site and the lariat with all the stuff i wanted was about or even more expensive than the platinum build i created. Plus, those massaging seats sound nice lol. Anyways, the platinum ended up being around $65k, and again messing around the calculator if i put down $10k the monthly payments will be around $650~ which is perfect for me. But i don't know, will the dealer in person be the same? You think it will cost the same or maybe even more? What should i do? Also, anyone ever ordered online? Can that even happen? Thanks a bunch for reading all this, its my first time buying a vehicle by myself so I'm a little nervous. Tweakbox

Last edited:

Venom700

Reaction score
I’d be nervous too if I was asking RAM owners about buying a Ford on a RAM website! If this is serious, just use google. The “advice” is endless and the common traps are well published.

airgas1998

Reaction score
just get a Prius...I think that fits your personality better. I'd fear a truck might be to much for you to handle....I know it won't quite tow as much or haul but just think of that mpg you'll retain with that hybrid...

highgear2005

Reaction score
Your first mistake is looking at Ford. They are junk!

When I’m looking, I call every dealership in my area about a 30 mile radius. If they are toolbars on the phone, I cross them off my list. If they work with me a little and don’t laugh when at my always low budget. If you tell them 65k they will find you a truck for 67 k. And never talk payment. After my phone calls I know where I’m going. Even if the truck isn’t there. They will bring one in. Nothing worse then buying from people that you can’t stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Dude, get ready for the comments asking about buying a Ford on a Ram forum.
You might be correct. Who becomes a new member of a RAM forum to ask questions about buying a new Ford? OP, if you are genuinely asking for help to buy a new F150, the F150 forum is a a great place to start. I was a member of the Ecoboost forum when I had my 3.5 EB. There are some great knowledgeable guys over there, just like there are here. Good luck either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/