5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I WANT MY TRUCK!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UGH...I told myself ordering and waiting for my truck would be fine, but it's not! IT IS NOT FINE! I AM NOT OKAY! LOL
I already have parts waiting and will be ordering more soon.
I know plenty of people still waiting for their '21s, but still valid vent. :)
That said, a bunch of '21 TRXs had their build sheets and window stickers pop up last night, so plant is open and things are happening!

I felt the same way about, oh, 30 minutes after I ordered. It was a long two months (though I’ve got no right to complain, seeing how long others had to wait), but in the end, well worth it, since I got exactly the truck I wanted this way.

Hang in there, you can do it!

Yeah this wait after ordering is something else man. I ordered 7-19. I haven't heard a peep about mine since. I figure there probably wasn't any movement last week since the factory was shut down. Maybe the order sat in limbo all last week. If that's the case, today could be thought of as only my 2nd day since ordering. That might be why I don't have a VIN yet. After looking around these forums the VIN seems to come pretty quick after ordering. Of course ordering before the 22s are being produced adds a few extra weeks of agony 😂 I'd half way settle for the Ram Trucks website being updated to the 22s for the time being.

I'm passing the time by purchasing my mods and figuring out if I want to do a lift/tires upgrade. Hard to do without a truck to picture anything.

Right now I have roughly 10 mods sitting in my basement, and the new truck itch is real.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

UGH...I told myself ordering and waiting for my truck would be fine, but it's not! IT IS NOT FINE! I AM NOT OKAY! LOL
I already have parts waiting and will be ordering more soon.
I know plenty of people still waiting for their '21s, but still valid vent. :)
That said, a bunch of '21 TRXs had their build sheets and window stickers pop up last night, so plant is open and things are happening!
I feel ya! I’m supposed to be able to pick mine up any day now but it’s been ‘any day now’ for two weeks haha
How many times a day do you hit the refresh button? 😂😂

I'm passing the time by purchasing my mods and figuring out if I want to do a lift/tires upgrade. Hard to do without a truck to picture anything.

Right now I have roughly 10 mods sitting in my basement, and the new truck itch is real.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I only have 4 small mods waiting...led's, screen protector, and black lugnuts. Need to order my retrax and bedrug (hopefully get them both before the truck). Same boat on tires, currently thinking some Toyo AT3s for the stock wheels and will look at something aftermarket for the summer months but who knows. I still don't know if I'm leveling the front or getting links and just taking a bit of the rake out of the back. Decisions, decisions.....

Yeah this wait after ordering is something else man. I ordered 7-19. I haven't heard a peep about mine since. I figure there probably wasn't any movement last week since the factory was shut down. Maybe the order sat in limbo all last week. If that's the case, today could be thought of as only my 2nd day since ordering. That might be why I don't have a VIN yet. After looking around these forums the VIN seems to come pretty quick after ordering. Of course ordering before the 22s are being produced adds a few extra weeks of agony 😂 I'd half way settle for the Ram Trucks website being updated to the 22s for the time being.
I ordered mine from Mark Dodge on 7/17, and I've asked a few times for the VIN or a timeframe on the VIN, but I haven't heard back. Hopefully they'll let me know either way soon. I'd imagine that they need to prioritize getting new orders in, so I don't mind waiting a bit, but I will appreciate hearing SOMETHING back.

Until I have a VIN I won't feel 100% confident that the order has been placed.

With all the people who placed orders already buying so many aftermarket parts, I'm starting to think this is all a conspiracy perpetuated by the aftermarket manufacturers to get people to buy more of their stuff. :LOL::LOL:

In all seriousness though, I really hope you guys aren't going to have to wait too long. I considered ordering when I bought my current truck, but I have enough of a problem waiting 3 or 4 day for a dealer trade to happen. I can't imagine having to wait for months after placing an order. You all have my deepest sympathy.

With all the people who placed orders already buying so many aftermarket parts, I'm starting to think this is all a conspiracy perpetuated by the aftermarket manufacturers to get people to buy more of their stuff. :LOL::LOL:

In all seriousness though, I really hope you guys aren't going to have to wait too long. I considered ordering when I bought my current truck, but I have enough of a problem waiting 3 or 4 day for a dealer trade to happen. I can't imagine having to wait for months after placing an order. You all have my deepest sympathy.
COVID is like valentines just one big commercial conspiracy bwhaha
It’s gonna be like Christmas morning for all these new rigs lol now I feel like I should wrap the presents I bought for her 😂

I ordered mine from Mark Dodge on 7/17, and I've asked a few times for the VIN or a timeframe on the VIN, but I haven't heard back. Hopefully they'll let me know either way soon. I'd imagine that they need to prioritize getting new orders in, so I don't mind waiting a bit, but I will appreciate hearing SOMETHING back.

Thats odd i know my contact person from there emails or call me immediately if i leave a message.

Oh YES...black lug nuts!! Need to add that to my list. Thanks!!

I only have 4 small mods waiting...led's, screen protector, and black lugnuts. Need to order my retrax and bedrug (hopefully get them both before the truck). Same boat on tires, currently thinking some Toyo AT3s for the stock wheels and will look at something aftermarket for the summer months but who knows. I still don't know if I'm leveling the front or getting links and just taking a bit of the rake out of the back. Decisions, decisions.....
Woah wait wait they don’t come black…? Also which screen protector did you get 🤔 I need to get one but that led to overthinking it and has left me without one haha

I just got a 2021 Laramie night edition and LOVE IT. I can't believe however the lug nuts are silver. Will these work to replace them and can I do it I've I by one without jacking up the car and taking the wheels off?

I just got a 2021 Laramie night edition and LOVE IT. I can't believe however the lug nuts are silver. Will these work to replace them and can I do it I've I by one without jacking up the car and taking the wheels off?

I can't review those, but I got a different set on summit racing. I got the gorilla nuts instead. Below is the link.

So since I don't have my 2022 ram yet, I got these lug nuts. My wife Jeep has the same oem lug nuts, and I did a comparison. The gorilla nuts fit with no issues, however they are smaller (see my pics).

Keep in mind, I know for a fact that the stock chrome lug nuts have an outside shell and a core inside, but it seems like the gorilla ones I ordered just seem like they don't fully contact the rim as wide as the stocks. My pics will show exactly what I've talking about.

e6c55e9d8447b94b72bb034ee0e02fa5.jpg
ec1a0af48e0cafe9efad517266028ce5.jpg
96d92030ef9fcd34b852103661c25664.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

I can't review those, but I got a different set on summit racing. I got the gorilla nuts instead. Below is the link.

So since I don't have my 2022 ram yet, I got these lug nuts. My wife Jeep has the same oem lug nuts, and I did a comparison. The gorilla nuts fit with no issues, however they are smaller (see my pics).

Keep in mind, I know for a fact that the stock chrome lug nuts have an outside shell and a core inside, but it seems like the gorilla ones I ordered just seem like they don't fully contact the rim as wide as the stocks. My pics will show exactly what I've talking about.

e6c55e9d8447b94b72bb034ee0e02fa5.jpg
ec1a0af48e0cafe9efad517266028ce5.jpg
96d92030ef9fcd34b852103661c25664.jpg

Don't think I'd use those, that's a lot of seat clamping surface area loss

Don't think I'd use those, that's a lot of seat clamping surface area loss
Well I agree...and kinda disagree.

The seating is wierd for sure. However, over to my charger, I run these with my aftermarket wheels and tires (275 in front, 305 in the rears) and it works great. It's deeper and another option I can go with if I wanted to.

8f6d2400eaaa5bf7de85ce7956dcd220.jpg

Well I agree...and kinda disagree.

The seating is wierd for sure. However, over to my charger, I run these with my aftermarket wheels and tires (275 in front, 305 in the rears) and it works great. It's deeper and another option I can go with if I wanted to.

8f6d2400eaaa5bf7de85ce7956dcd220.jpg

The depth only helps if you use longer wheel studs, I'm looking at the actual seat that contacts the wheel, the bottom of the acorn

I ordered from Mark Dodge on 7/29, got my vin the next day, id call and ask for your vin. No reason it hasnt generated withing a couple days of placing an order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back