5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think this is the perfect truck/motor combo and I feel so spoiled

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to special order it but I got a Limited EcoDiesel long bed from Mark Dodge for $63,000 fully loaded at 0% interest 3 years ago.

I do like the new Tungsten interior. It looks really svelte.

But then I noticed it only comes in the short-bed option so I can't put my motorcycles in the back and close the tail gate
and I noticed It can' be ordered with a 33 gallon tank
and then you can only get it with one engine option (Hurricane)
...which requires premium fuel which is hovering a buck more than diesel right now
...and only gets 14 MPGs city and that's probably being generous
and sticker is over $90,000

I'm sitting here looking at my RAM EcoDiesel with the longer warranty and it's almost paid off and has had absolutely zero issues like none it's a perfect truck that we use for hauling motorcycles around, camping and long road trips.

Will I ever find another truck of this size with a long bed, crew cab and gets 25-31 MPGs with 800 miles of range for under $65,000?

Probably not.

I do hope that alternative fuels will be a success but I think I'm going to be waiting a very long time for a 750 mile range truck that refills/recharges in 10 minutes for the price point I got mine for. I'm going to be one of those people with a 20 year old truck because I simply can't find anything that would replace it. Damn Stellantis for killing off the baby diesel or maybe it's the regulators but damn all of them. It's slow off the line but that's not what it's for. When there are 1000 pounds of motorcycles in the bed and you don't even feel them back there and still getting 22 MPGs. It's heaven!

tom318

Reaction score
I had to special order it but I got a Limited EcoDiesel long bed from Mark Dodge for $63,000 fully loaded at 0% interest 3 years ago.

But then I noticed it only comes in the short-bed option so I can't put my motorcycles in the back and close the tail gate
...which requires premium fuel which is hovering a buck more than diesel right now

I'm sitting here looking at my RAM EcoDiesel with the longer warranty and it's almost paid off and has had absolutely zero issues like none it's a perfect truck that we use for hauling motorcycles around, camping and long road trips.

Will I ever find another truck of this size with a long bed, crew cab and gets 25-31 MPGs with 800 miles of range for under $65,000?

Probably not.

I do hope that alternative fuels will be a success but I think I'm going to be waiting a very long time for a 750 mile range truck that refills/recharges in 10 minutes for the price point I got mine for. I'm going to be one of those people with a 20 year old truck because I simply can't find anything that would replace it. Damn Stellantis for killing off the baby diesel or maybe it's the regulators but damn all of them. It's slow off the line but that's not what it's for. When there are 1000 pounds of motorcycles in the bed and you don't even feel them back there and still getting 22 MPGs. It's heaven!
I feel the same way. I'm glad i committed and ordered when I did. I'm out of warranty now but with just over 100k and a brand new fuel system installed, 0% interest with a few months left before its paid for I also see myself pushing this truck as far as it can go. Trans service and belt replacement scheduled for next week. I've looked a few times at that zr2 with the duramax or a suburban but the cost of those is so high and I still prefer the features and design of the RAM.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep love my ecodiesel, it's truly a shame ram discontinued it. 26-28MPG all day long even with 3.92 gears. Tows my enclosed 7x16 snowmobile trailer amazing and gets 18-20mpg doing it.

147,000km and zero issues. A couple buddies have the new duramax 3.0 which are great engines as well but the Chevy interior is nowhere near close to the quality of the ram.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you can't get the 33 gallon fuel tank on the Tungsten model. Looks like that applies to anything with the HO engine. Although I'm not sure about the RHO since you can't build one yet. Just one more reason to keep what we have. In fact that would be a deal-breaker for the wife.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I have a '19 Limited with 62k miles on it in the garage that's paid for (and I barely drive).

I just got back from vacation and had a '24 Escalade with Super Cruise for 9 days. Super Cruise and the Escalade is sweet. If only GM could figure out how to put the pano roof in their pickups, I'd be tempted to drop some coin on a new truck....nah, not really....

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I have a '19 Limited with 62k miles on it in the garage that's paid for (and I barely drive).

I just got back from vacation and had a '24 Escalade with Super Cruise for 9 days. Super Cruise and the Escalade is sweet. If only GM could figure out how to put the pano roof in their pickups, I'd be tempted to drop some coin on a new truck....nah, not really....
My problem with the GM trucks is the interior materials are not near the quality of the Ram. The door cards and plastic look very cheap, also the Bose Soundsystem isn't very good.

The duramax 3.0 is a great engine though and incredibly smooth and quiet.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My problem with the GM trucks is the interior materials are not near the quality of the Ram. The door cards and plastic look very cheap, also the Bose Soundsystem isn't very good.

When is the last time you sat in a GM truck? You're right about the lower trim levels, but the upper trim levels are on the same level as Ram as far as interior materials used.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When is the last time you sat in a GM truck? You're right about the lower trim levels, but the upper trim levels are on the same level as Ram as far as interior materials used.
Not long ago. I've never sat in a Denali but from the pics and videos I've seen the materials still don't look as nice as my limited.

I could be wrong. It's very subjective I guess.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Could be, I'm sure Escalades get different materials than their pickups.

But, you can get Super Cruise in the trucks and it is real nice...

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Probably not.

We ordered about the same time (from Mark Dodge) and got almost the same truck (mine's the short bed) and your thoughts mirror mine exactly. I'd probably be ok with the Revolution but I'm really spoiled on my truck's range (even with a 3.92, and especially when towing) and it would be hard for me to give that up for the sportier performance in a Hurricane.

I think the only negative I have and it's my own fault, is my 1317# payload, but I knew it would be in that range when I got the limited with the options I did. Fortunately we can keep our personal payload pretty low when towing the camper, so it's never really been an issue. If I want to haul a load of gravel, I'm going to use our 1996 F-150 that has about the same payload and I'm not worried about a scratch or two! :p

And yeah, prices have me shaking my head.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I agree with above comments. Im going to keep my ED as long as I can.
Don't want to have to burn premium fuel at my age. 🤑

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/