5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I swore I would never own another Dodge/FCA vehicle again... then this happened.

JayzRamRebel

Reaction score
After owning 3 different Dodge/Chrysler products over the last 20 years, I swore that they had lost me as a customer forever. Nothing but headaches, problems and lemons made me swear off Chrysler forever. Then a very trusted master mechanic and race car builder friend of mine who owned a 2015 Ram Rebel had been trying to convince me that RAM isn't the same "Dodge" I am used to and after he picked up his second truck, a 2018 Ram 2500, I decided to at least go for a test drive on my way to buy a Raptor... needless to say April of 2019 I purchased my brand new 2019 Ram Rebel 1500 and have never been happier. 11k miles later I look for reasons to drive this truck and hes right.. this isn't the "Dodge" I'm used to!

As for any issues when the truck was new, I had 2... squeaky brakes (even though mine already had the TSB appliesd and the pads replaced) I ended up just ignoring it and after about 2k miles the pads finally bedded properly and the squeal was gone, even though I had done manual bedding repeatedly it seemed good ol mileage did the trick. Second I had the TSB for the "popping" under the driver side foot well. Turns out mine was likely suffering from the TSB on the body mount causing a slight pop when turning... I never had time to get to the dealer to get it fixed and once again, it went away on its own. This wasn't the sway bar end links making the noise as some had experienced. I just tell people that apparently RAMs have a new feature where they fix themselves... *shrug*

As for mods..
I first went with a basic Rough Country level and some 35s but that didn't keep me happy for long. After spending months searching this forum and other online resources I finally got my setup complete... I think it turned out really well. Just some fine tuning to do to fitment but besides that... shes a BUTE clark!

Specs:
2019 Ram Rebel
6" BDS Suspension Lift with Fox Coil Overs
BDS Front Control Arms
APOC Industries Rear Control Arms
Borla ATAK Exhaust
Amp Research Retractable side steps
Black Rhino Barstow Wheels 20x9 -18
Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50r20

In order to turn lock to lock without rubbing I had to remove the front factory "mud flap" and hammer back the mounting tab and trim back the plastic. This fit the 35s I had previous with a level fine. With the 37s and the 6" lift I had to trim the pinch weld at a 45* angle otherwise I would rub while at full lock and had the suspension compressed at all. I still currently have a slight rub that I need to track down when at lock but I am also raising the front of the truck about 1.5-2" since the BDS 6" lift brought back the factory rake. Fortunately going with the coilover front shocks means easy height adjustment.

I took these photos quickly and did a fast edit but I think they turned out well and really capture the amazing stance and look the truck now has while being 100% functional and rugged for off-roading. No Mall Crawling in this house!

If you have any questions about this build, just ask away!

For those interested the camera is a Sony A7Sii using a Sigma Art 50-100mm lens (yes I know its a crop, but as you can see its fine)

Front edited.png

Rear Edited.png

Front Dark.png

jkm312

Reaction score
I said the same thing and here I am. Most comfortable truck I've ever owned. Glad this one's got my name on it.

Those ARE some terrific pictures. Did you use a filter on the camera, or catch the light just right.

Last edited:

7amada

Reaction score
Thats suspension setup is sweeeet. Thinking about the 6" coilovers just need to figure out how to shell out that cash without my wife killing me. lol

MORE PICS PLEASE

YawnY

Reaction score
Hey Jay, from one car/truck/pc nerd to another welcome to the forum. Love your truck and Camaro. The exhaust install video you made help persuade me to buy a rebel.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@JayzRamRebel you have the same wheels I'm thinking about getting, could you post some side pics of the truck and some up close up pics of the wheels

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck!! I need a lift on mine. I'm sure you're loving the BDS lift, I'm saving my pennies....

Users who are viewing this thread