5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I NEED BACKUP CAMERA TO BE ABLE TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME .

Lature1984

Reaction score
IVE GOT A 2023 RAM 5500 WITH THE UCONNECT 8.4 SXCREEN. ITS A REPO TRUCK SO I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO KEEP THE BACKUP CAMERA FROM SHUTTING OFF UNTIL I TELL IT TO SHUT OFF....... IS THIS POSSIBLE???

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
YOU WILL LIKELY BE BETTER SERVED ON THE HD SITE (HDRAMS.COM), SINCE THIS IS THE 1500 SITE.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
I CAN TOO BUT IT SHUTS OFF AFTER ABOUT 8 TO 10 SECONDS. I NEED IT ON CONSTANTLY
Perhaps you could get one of those aux cameras and run it off a switch when you need to see what’s going on the cheap ones don’t seem to be to good but the ones on the work trucks that are made for the work trucks were I work are nice price is probably not cheap but I’m sure there’s some middle ground as long as you don’t mind a separate screen in the truck

Papi4baby

Reaction score
I WOULD GET A DEDICATED CAMERA FOR THAT DUTY, THE FACTORY SYSTEM WILL PROBABLY DIE IF YOU RUN IT CONSTANTLY.

dajogejr

Reaction score
NOT ONLY WOULD I GET A SEPARATE SYSTEM..ok, I can’t do the all caps..
Not only would I do a separate system, I would ALSO get one that records video and possibly audio.
CYA is the name of the game. As a repo guy I’m sure you’ve been harassed, assaulted, told where to go and how to get there…etc.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For your uses, I would get a separate wireless camera kit. You can then position the camera to be best suited to your needs. Most will also let you record video to an SD card as well.

71EPOZwKIgL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread