5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love this truck but...

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full LEDs were one of my must haves after all the upgrading I did on my last 4 trucks. Only saved $13,200 off MSRP 19.6% on this 2019 Limited (Vs. 14,500 30% and 14,100 31% off my last two Rams) but that is what I gave up to have the exact model I wanted.

I wish the Tazer DT was better programmed to allow Camera Functionality with the 12" screen and 360 surround, I like the programming of the DRL, Fog -Non Dropout, and Nav in Motion, but I lose the Camera Views which stinks.

Clean19

Reaction score
This was my first new car purchase and the first truck I have ever owned. I think the big lesson learned for me in all of this is when you know you are making a really big purchase like this try to see if there is a forum board for the product. Go through the forum looking for issues or things people wish they would have thought of before buying.

I went to 3 or 4 dealers for the black appearance of this truck and every dealer told me they had it and then I would go there and they would tell me they made a mistake or it’s no longer there. So it wasn’t like I just ran out and bought the first thing I saw. Besides my BMW had 90k miles on it. Anyone who has owned a BMW or Audi knows that is a recipe for being randomly bankrupted so time was definitely against me and the pressure was on. AC died in my last BMW and it was gonna cost 4K to fix it. Wasn’t taking a chance like that again.

I’m just glad I finally found this forum. I have hope now for getting the look I want for a price that is feasible.
That's pretty sorry of them. In TX, me and my buddy both had great experiences at two different dealerships. FWIW, there's probably 6-7 black editions in DFW for sale right now. almost every dealership has 1, some 2 ( Dodge City Mckinney had 3 in May ) . so again, blessing in disguise, make it your own and now like every other black 1500 out there.

sickboy

Reaction score
Tails aren't that expensive either, You can find them for like $650 a set new.

Or find them used like I did for less than $300 :p

Ya they aren’t now lol. They were almost 1600 each when they first dropped!

dsn112

Reaction score
Trust me, when I left the dealer, I knew there was going to need to be work. 3 weeks later it looked right to me.

407197179648a7d9dcacf5f5f5695559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickboy

Reaction score
That's pretty sorry of them. In TX, me and my buddy both had great experiences at two different dealerships. FWIW, there's probably 6-7 black editions in DFW for sale right now. almost every dealership has 1, some 2 ( Dodge City Mckinney had 3 in May ) . so again, blessing in disguise, make it your own and now like every other black 1500 out there.

I am thinking you are correct sir. I will post pics when I get it going. Plasti dip is a great product my rims on my BMW looked amazing and it lasted for a few years before beginning to peel.

Thanks for the information man. I think I have an idea of what I need to do now to get it going. Going to go ahead and plasti dip most of it and just buy the parts one at a time u til I have them all. Like Johnny Cash I’m just gonna have to do this one piece at a time.

sickboy

Reaction score
Trust me, when I left the dealer, I knew there was going to need to be work. 3 weeks later it looked right to me.

407197179648a7d9dcacf5f5f5695559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya your LED’s look amazing. Here is to hoping they stay on sale long enough for me to get them when I have money again.

dsn112

Reaction score
Ya your LED’s look amazing. Here is to hoping they stay on sale long enough for me to get them when I have money again.

OEM part that comes on Rebels and Blackouts, not going anywhere. And now for 2020, you will be able to order blackouts on any color.

swarggs

Reaction score
For the small stuff, vinyl isn't too hard to work with. I had this same problem with a 300C so I bought a sheet of gloss black vinyl and just kinda learned to apply it myself. Youtube and such. A small sheet and a cheep heat gun can help you determine if you can apply it yourself. I ended up wrapping every piece of chrome on that car after I practiced a few times. It comes off without residue if you make a mistake. If you are handy it might be a route you can pursue.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2091 (2).JPG
    IMG_2091 (2).JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread