5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know another 12v adapter question.

dbarn1681

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that makes a 7 pin trailer adapter that I can use to connect to trailer and have a 12v accessory plug from same 7 pin socket? I want to plug my trailer into the 7 pin socket on my 1500 but also plug in a 12v frig in the bed. Not wanting to drill through the spray in liner if possible. I know that's the easiest way, but I know you can get 12v from the 7 pin. Problem is I want to utilize a 7 pin plug and have a 12v socket come off the 12v socket at the same time. Hope this makes sense.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think your best bet is running power back from your trailer. I swore I saw 7 pin splitters before, so I searched on e-trailer, where they have a lot. They have a 7 to 5, with a 12v outlet for about $25. The only splitters I found, go from 1 7 pin male to 2 7 pin females, so you could adapt to 12v, are over $225.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I put a Tee onto the backside of the trailer 7-way and ran it all the way up into the bed. I chose to leave it as a 7 pin, but you could easily cut all the other wires you don'twant and install any kind of plug you want.

Users who are viewing this thread