5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just registered

TJLombardi

Reaction score
Hi All! I am driving a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L 4x4. I wish it was a Rebel or a dang TRX but I'm happy with it, except for the mileage it gets. I know this is just a meet n greet section but if anyone reads this and knows if a performance chip or mini-module could help with gas mileage, let me know? Thanks! I'm going to search this forum for that right now. With that, I will say Hello & Goodbye!!

Welcome. You will find lots of different topics to read through but you won’t find much on getting better gas mileage. These trucks weren’t built for gas mileage 😁

Welcome! What MPG are you currently achieving?

Welcome!

You should always approach devices purported to save fuel with extreme skepticism.

If there was a $5/50/500 device that would significantly boost gas mileage, why wouldn’t Ram (et al) include it already? They’d have a competitive advantage and get regulators/CAFE off their backs.

Manufacturers already put hundreds to thousands of dollars of tech into every vehicle (EGR, active air dams, eTorque, aluminum parts, etc.) to increase fuel economy. If there was a cheap, effective part that could be bolted on to improve fuel economy, they’d put it in their already. They don’t do it because these things don’t work.

I understand it sucks paying a lot for gas. But don’t pay a lot for gas AND throw money away on useless gadgets.

Oh and again, welcome!

Imagine how much worse your mpg would be if you had that “dang TRX”….

By the way we love photos.. show off the rig!

Welcome to the group. I've found that mine is the best on gas when it is off and sitting in the driveway. Congrats on the truck and try to enjoy it. I know the struggle, but don't worry too much about the mpg numbers. I went from a compact sedan that would average 35-40 mpg on the highway before buying my RAM. I miss the fuel efficiency, but wouldn't trade my truck to have it back.

18 mpg for a truck is pretty darn good. I remember back when trucks were lucky to get 10 mph. Just think how bad your mpg would be with the Rebel. Try around 14 mpg. I could never figure out why people buy full size trucks & then complain about the gas mileage. That's why they make Colorado's & Rangers !

18 mpg for a truck is pretty darn good. I remember back when trucks were lucky to get 10 mph. Just think how bad your mpg would be with the Rebel. Try around 14 mpg. I could never figure out why people buy full size trucks & then complain about the gas mileage. That's why they make Colorado's & Rangers !
I agree

Imagine how much worse your mpg would be if you had that “dang TRX”….

By the way we love photos.. show off the rig!
I can tell you. I hit 12 mpg today on a highway trip, and was astounded. Typically get 10-11 with normal driving, and single digits if I drive it like it was meant to be driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back