5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Just purchased a 2019 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 in Patriot Blue......

Reaction score
I just wanted to jump in here and say hey........ I just Traded my Jeep Gladiator for a super clean One-Owner 2019 Longhorn 1500 4x4. I pick it up Wednesday. I rarely buy used but the price of trucks is ridiculous and this had been sitting on the lot for 69 days so they were ready to move it and I feel like I got a great deal.
This 2019 will be the 8th Ram truck I have owned over the years. With that said, These trucks have really changed a lot in both comfort and looks.. I think this is probably one of the best looking body styles to date for the Ram.

Shortly after I purchased the truck, I noticed the dash leather is coming loose and looking online I can see its a common problem so I am going to have an upholstery shop recover the dash.
What are the common issues I need to be aware of in this new generation. Everything seems to function as it should, the CarFax is clean and it was maintained exceptionally well according to the CarFax so I think I picked up a well cared for truck.

I'm in research mode at the moment and gathering info for the future. I have a lot of questions.....

First thing I am doing is a complete Fluid dump this weekend and replacing everything with new fluids.

So it has the OEM 22" wheels on it. Does anyone know what the largest size tire I can put on it with no lift? I don't care for these low profile tires.
Down the road I would like to lift it but its not a priority of mine at the moment. I want to enjoy the comfort for a while after coming from the Jeep.

Appreciate it....

Attachments

• PXL_20230810_173543250~2.jpg
    PXL_20230810_173543250~2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230810_200614786~2.jpg
    PXL_20230810_200614786~2.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230810_200709099~2.jpg
    PXL_20230810_200709099~2.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230810_200647165~2.jpg
    PXL_20230810_200647165~2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230810_200652553~2.jpg
    PXL_20230810_200652553~2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm a Patriot Blue fan too, and not a fan of the 22s. There are things to watch out for when lifting, and changing tire size. Over 35" tall tires, makes some of the safety items not work properly. I think it was lane keep, and something else that uses the front camera. Also look for rear window, and third brake light leaks. They short out electronics behind rear seat. 2019s seem to have A/C issues, blowing warm, that a TSB was issued for. Original batteries have a short life, a lot of people replace with a larger one. As soon as there are ANY electrical issues, the first culprit is the battery, it causes all sorts of weird things, due to all the electronics. Hopefully the previous owner had the TSB performed on the A/C. If you don't have any water leaks, you will probably have a good truck, that if the battery is original, will need replacing soon.

Reaction score
I'm a Patriot Blue fan too, and not a fan of the 22s. There are things to watch out for when lifting, and changing tire size. Over 35" tall tires, makes some of the safety items not work properly. I think it was lane keep, and something else that uses the front camera. Also look for rear window, and third brake light leaks. They short out electronics behind rear seat. 2019s seem to have A/C issues, blowing warm, that a TSB was issued for. Original batteries have a short life, a lot of people replace with a larger one. As soon as there are ANY electrical issues, the first culprit is the battery, it causes all sorts of weird things, due to all the electronics. Hopefully the previous owner had the TSB performed on the A/C. If you don't have any water leaks, you will probably have a good truck, that if the battery is original, will need replacing soon.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

I will make a note to check those things once I get the truck tomorrow.

The AC is why I didn't take it last Thursday at purchase. It was blowing warm. They said they would fix it. It's supposed to be done by tomorrow.

Would you happen to know the TSB number so I can look it up and see what they did to fix it. Or where I can find it?
I'm thinking about finding a set of 20's for it, I'm not sure yet. I may just do an aftermarket set for the offset. I had -25 on the Jeep and it looked really good.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that. The battery has been changed. It looks fairly new. I'll check all that out. When it get the truck.

Jako

Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate that.

I will make a note to check those things once I get the truck tomorrow.

The AC is why I didn't take it last Thursday at purchase. It was blowing warm. They said they would fix it. It's supposed to be done by tomorrow.

Would you happen to know the TSB number so I can look it up and see what they did to fix it. Or where I can find it?
I'm thinking about finding a set of 20's for it, I'm not sure yet. I may just do an aftermarket set for the offset. I had -25 on the Jeep and it looked really good.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that. The battery has been changed. It looks fairly new. I'll check all that out. When it get the truck.

RAL

Reaction score
Good luck with it! We have a 2020 Laramie and it has been such a great truck. Drives wonderfully, hauls like a 3/4 ton, and it is super well made. Only downside? It’s like Tommy Boy with the fat man in a little coat scene when it is in some urban parking garages but luckily we don’t need to use those that often anymore! Good luck with it.

Reaction score
Good luck with it! We have a 2020 Laramie and it has been such a great truck. Drives wonderfully, hauls like a 3/4 ton, and it is super well made. Only downside? It’s like Tommy Boy with the fat man in a little coat scene when it is in some urban parking garages but luckily we don’t need to use those that often anymore! Good luck with it.
Thanks, I think its going to be a great truck. The only Ram I had any issues with in the past was my 94. The transmission kept going out. All the other ones were very reliable trucks.

6of36

Reaction score
Thanks, I think its going to be a great truck. The only Ram I had any issues with in the past was my 94. The transmission kept going out. All the other ones were very reliable trucks.
Yet after one year of bad transmissions, many still say Rams all have bad transmissions.

Reaction score
Yet after one year of bad transmissions, many still say Rams all have bad transmissions.
Yeah, I agree. I've heard it for years. I just chalk it up to people that just don't know and I continue to enjoy the trucks. Back in 94, Chrysler went out of their way to not only try figure it out but they ended up buying the 94 back giving me a new truck in 96 so they did the right thing imo.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck has Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control, You may want to check out a Comma3
to have it drive itself similar to a Tesla. We are still working on getting extra steering torque and Longitudinal
Control. Then we can get End to End Navigation. I have over 15K miles with the truck driving about 95% of
Those Miles with my hands off the wheel. I am running the SunnyPilot Branch of release-c3.

Malodave

I also designed this "Mirror Mount" for it:

MirrorMountFront.jpg

MirrorMountRear.jpg

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck, love that blue.

My ‘19 Longhorn has been a great truck with a few quirks.

25k - rear window replacement
26k - battery replaced
36k - A/C TSB done
50k - driver side sunvisor broke
55k - front axle 4wd actuator
61k - LED DRL failure
72k - battery replaced again

Reaction score
If the truck has Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control, You may want to check out a Comma3
to have it drive itself similar to a Tesla. We are still working on getting extra steering torque and Longitudinal
Control. Then we can get End to End Navigation. I have over 15K miles with the truck driving about 95% of
Those Miles with my hands off the wheel. I am running the SunnyPilot Branch of release-c3.

Malodave

I also designed this "Mirror Mount" for it:

View attachment 164791

View attachment 164792
Interesting....I'll have to check it out. Thanks

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, love that blue.

My ‘19 Longhorn has been a great truck with a few quirks.

25k - rear window replacement
26k - battery replaced
36k - A/C TSB done
50k - driver side sunvisor broke
55k - front axle 4wd actuator
61k - LED DRL failure
72k - battery replaced again
Thank you.

It was a toss up between 2 different all black Limited's...... but then I stumbled upon this Blue and it immediately caught my eye as I haven't seen many that color, then when I saw the interior in the pictures, I had to see this truck in person. Once I saw it in person, it was a done deal. I really love this interior. This Ram has more luxury features/options then my brother Mercedes does.

I'm looking forward to getting it today...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you.

It was a toss up between 2 different all black Limited's...... but then I stumbled upon this Blue and it immediately caught my eye as I haven't seen many that color, then when I saw the interior in the pictures, I had to see this truck in person. Once I saw it in person, it was a done deal. I really love this interior. This Ram has more luxury features/options then my brother Mercedes does.

I'm looking forward to getting it today...
Many of us agree that Ram nailed it with the black/saddle Longhorn interior. It was tough for me to decide between the Patriot Blue and Delmonico Red exterior, but I ultimately ordered mine in red after seeing it in the sun. Here are some pics from those early days...I'm happy to report that it looks just the same today!

Reaction score
Many of us agree that Ram nailed it with the black/saddle Longhorn interior. It was tough for me to decide between the Patriot Blue and Delmonico Red exterior, but I ultimately ordered mine in red after seeing it in the sun. Here are some pics from those early days...I'm happy to report that it looks just the same today!
Agreed!
That red is very sharp!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread