5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just ordered some Rough Country wheel to wheel step bars..

VenomBee

Reaction score
I just ordered a some wheel to wheel Rough Country step bars...I hope they mount as easy as my N-fab bars on my previous Ram. I’ll post some pics when done. I put my new Gator tri-fold tonneau cover on tonight. Looks pretty good and fit well.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered a some wheel to wheel Rough Country step bars...I hope they mount as easy as my N-fab bars on my previous Ram. I’ll post some pics when done. I put my new Gator tri-fold tonneau cover on tonight. Looks pretty good and fit well.

Ram did a good job IMO with step bar mounts. You’ll see when you get under there. 3 sets of 3 studs. No messing around with odd inserts, just knock the paint off the studs, hang your step, level it with the top bolts and then cinch the rest down.

VenomBee

Reaction score
Ram did a good job IMO with step bar mounts. You’ll see when you get under there. 3 sets of 3 studs. No messing around with odd inserts, just knock the paint off the studs, hang your step, level it with the top bolts and then cinch the rest down.

Sounds easy to me! I’ll post pics when done. They old 4th Gen Rams had problems with rust and the siderails breaking though...

jamesfg

Reaction score
If you got the OCD like me, I used my tap and die set to clean off the threads. Pitch was 8x1.25. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get going on it now while your waiting.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will take more time to clean the studs than anything else. Use a drill with a wire brush attachment. I just used a grade 8 nut up and down each stud.

TruckFoo

Reaction score
I'm excited for you. I just got my Rough Country Nerf bars yesterday and dropped it off to a powder coater today. I'm color matching my truck (Granite). Looking forward to seeing some pics - I'll uploda mine in about a week!

Users who are viewing this thread