5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just gotta brag

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
The wife and I took a Sunday drive just to see something different, and to see if the Forest Service website was correct or not about what was open and what was still closed. As you can see if you push the little mountain icon lower left, we climbed well over 6000 feet and came back down, a fair amount of high-speed freeway driving, and some surface streets that aren't shown because I don't need to tell everyone exactly where I live.

Granted, the dash display is never identical to hand-calculated, but it'll only be off by one mpg.

0622001428.jpg

Skater

Reaction score
The wife and I took a Sunday drive just to see something different, and to see if the Forest Service website was correct or not about what was open and what was still closed. As you can see if you push the little mountain icon lower left, we climbed well over 6000 feet and came back down, a fair amount of high-speed freeway driving, and some surface streets that aren't shown because I don't need to tell everyone exactly where I live.

Granted, the dash display is never identical to hand-calculated, but it'll only be off by one mpg.

View attachment 59859

Pretty amazing milage.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 59859

Mine is getting a little better. It says 21 on highway trips. When figured by hand its really 19.6! I have the 3.92 gears etorque!

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
I'm at about the same milage, 5.7 eTourque, 3:92, 22" Black Rhino wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/45 22. If I keep speed below 65mph I've averaged 21 MPG on interstate. My wheels and tires are not heavier than stock and 33" which should help highway milage. I wish I could get that milage. I have Borla S-Type and aFe Magnum Stage 2. Keeping with traffic here on I-40 and I-95 speeds are avg 75mph and I drop to about 16mpg. I burn a lot more gas over 60mph. What were your speeds and what tire size? I will say with eTourque City milage is really good if I drive it soft. I noticed on Friday I was averaging 20mpg in Raleigh work commute speeds between 40-55mpg and quit a few stoplights.

Richard320

Reaction score
I'm at about the same milage, 5.7 eTourque, 3:92, 22" Black Rhino wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/45 22. If I keep speed below 65mph I've averaged 21 MPG on interstate. My wheels and tires are not heavier than stock and 33" which should help highway milage. I wish I could get that milage. I have Borla S-Type and aFe Magnum Stage 2. Keeping with traffic here on I-40 and I-95 speeds are avg 75mph and I drop to about 16mpg. I burn a lot more gas over 60mph. What were your speeds and what tire size? I will say with eTourque City milage is really good if I drive it soft. I noticed on Friday I was averaging 20mpg in Raleigh work commute speeds between 40-55mpg and quit a few stoplights.
The freeway stretches were all 65-75 with a short stretch at 81. Going uphill, 40-45. Coming down, downshift and 30-35. Tires are stock 275/65-18

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
I'm going to try driving it easier for a while to see what mine will really do. Intake and exhaust make me press the gas peddle more than needed instead of making me gain milage. That's impressive milage at those speeds and inclines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Whatever anomaly is getting you that mileage, we all need to know what it is!!!!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found that driving through mountains I get better gas mileage. Went through the Appalachians and back over the last week. 19mpg through the mountains, 16mpg on flat. And that was 65-80 mph depending on if I get stuck behind someone. Going uphill it dropped to around 9 if I was pushing it, but when you go downhill and the MDS kicks on you're at 50+.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

View attachment 59859

That’s pretty sweet mileage. Thanks for sharing.
What kind of speeds where you averaging?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Great mileage.
Did a camping trip to Big Bear, so elevation and highway driving from San Diego but best I got was 17. Maybe it was the weight of the camping gear (just tent and small stuff, maybe 100 lbs).

doing a cross country trip this week so hopefully it will improve.

oh, using 89 octane (ethanol free) everything stock, 3.92, eTorque

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got home to Michigan from a quick road trip to Minnesota, I averaged 20 mpg with my sunroof and rear window open, running 75 on the Pulsar Performance tune (set on adaptive cruise...very nice on long road trips BTW). Got no complaints with my truck, which has 33,000 miles now.

Last edited:

Richard320

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread