5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I haven't driven my Ram in over a week

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I couldn't. I was 8 time zones away, in England. For wheels, I rented a Fiat 500. Shifting left-handed takes some getting used to. It's been a while since I drove such a gutless car. Tool along at an easy 50 mph in 5th until you hit a slight grade and it just can't keep the speed. Down to 4th.... but if the the hill is longer than half a mile, down into 3rd and scream the motor to hold 40 mph. Try to keep up with the traffic on the motorway and that little engine is howling!

I never once saw a Ram anywhere. I saw something with a Ram's head on the grill and it looked sort of like a Durango. I didn't catch the model name. I saw a fair number of those ugly little Fiat Jeep Renegades. One older Grand Cherokee. The only full-sized American pickup I saw was a 4 door ~86 F350 dually in someone's driveway that looked like one of those project cars that never ever moves or even gets worked on.

Lize

Reaction score
Very different driving experience that! Chalk and cheese. The 500 is OK for bobbing round town but not a distance car.

I didn’t even know they badged the Fiat Fullback as a RAM 1200, they sell it as a Mitsubishi too. Not that I would want one anyway, European mid sized pickups are crap, now you can appreciate how lucky you all are and the need for importing 1500s :D

Hope you enjoyed your trip anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread