5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a ram 2021 trying to get uconnect 5

Asahdev17

Reaction score
How do I download connect 5 on my ram 2021 limited. Am I able to download uconnect 5 on my ram. I’ve looked on the uconnect website and it says I have no update available. I just wonder if it’s available to my ram.? And how do I download it

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You need different hardware. A UC4 system cannot run UC5. You can upgrade by replacing the hardware. There is a thread on it, but it isn't cheap.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
You need different hardware. A UC4 system cannot run UC5. You can upgrade by replacing the hardware. There is a thread on it, but it isn't cheap.
Where can I get the hardware do yk where the thread is. And where I can buy it from?

vincentw56

Reaction score

Another option which is what I have

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to get UC5?
No offence but if you didn't know it was differnet hardware, you probably don't want\need it.
2022-2023 UC5
2019-2021 UC4

What are you trying to do that your UC4 can't? You have might cheaper easier alternatives.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Are you sure you want to get UC5?
No offence but if you didn't know it was differnet hardware, you probably don't want\need it.
2022-2023 UC5
2019-2021 UC4

What are you trying to do that your UC4 can't? You have might cheaper easier alternatives.
if upgrading to a full digital cluster then you need the UC5 right? or at least from what I've read to get the map to show on the cluster but as far as everything else.... will the digital cluster connect fine with the UC4?

I have the UC4 12" on my Rebel but would love to get the digital cluster and not have to worry about getting UC5

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
if upgrading to a full digital cluster then you need the UC5 right? or at least from what I've read to get the map to show on the cluster but as far as everything else.... will the digital cluster connect fine with the UC4?

I have the UC4 12" on my Rebel but would love to get the digital cluster and not have to worry about getting UC5
I guess it depends who you ask.
I say there is a extremally low chance it would work and if it does would be very quirky.

Here is another thread where someone claimed to put it in a 2019, but then never sent pictures or said anything else.

vincentw56

Reaction score

No, you don't need it at all unless you want maps to display in it. You can use the digital cluster fine with UC4. Good luck getting one. You can buy it new, just need to pay the $1,000 for charge on top of it.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
No, you don't need it at all unless you want maps to display in it. You can use the digital cluster fine with UC4. Good luck getting one. You can buy it new, just need to pay the $1,000 for charge on top of it.

I appreciate your feedback! The way I see it is I rather spend $2k on the cluster and possibly going to UC5 to get maps on the cluster later on instead of turning in my truck and paying the astronomical prices they want monthly for a new one. Plus I love my Rebel lol

vincentw56

Reaction score
I've had both, and I'd take UC4 any day of the week. UC5 S U C K S. Buggy, slow, complicated. It's one of the things I hate about my 2022.
That's why I went aftermarket. I was going to replace the UC4 12" with UC5 12". But since I couldn't get Android Auto full screen, I went aftermarket. But, I don't think it will work with the digital cluster.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice if they upgraded the UC4 to include some of the visual enhancements that the UC5 system has. I mean, it's just software at that point. It would also be nice if someone figured out how to allow for user customization of the screen, like different backgrounds, or colors, or themes, or allowed for other apps to be installed. The UC4 system is Android based and should be easily modifiable. I'm surprised it hasn't been yet.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Android is open source, the OEM version that FCA uses is not.

I'm sure you could force a blank install of Android onto the head unit and have nothing work in your truck that goes through the unit.

vincentw56

Reaction score
It would be nice if they upgraded the UC4 to include some of the visual enhancements that the UC5 system has. I mean, it's just software at that point. It would also be nice if someone figured out how to allow for user customization of the screen, like different backgrounds, or colors, or themes, or allowed for other apps to be installed. The UC4 system is Android based and should be easily modifiable. I'm surprised it hasn't been yet.
Problem is, UC5 is out. They can't be bothered to do updates to something that is no longer made. They can hardly be bothered to fix bugs.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Problem is, UC5 is out. They can't be bothered to do updates to something that is no longer made. They can hardly be bothered to fix bugs.
UC5 was out back when they were shipping trucks with UC4 was it not?
They still have other vehicles that only can come with UC4 I thought?

vincentw56

Reaction score
UC5 was out back when they were shipping trucks with UC4 was it not?
They still have other vehicles that only can come with UC4 I thought?
Regardless if they still install UC4, UC5 is the future so that means UC4 is not going to be improved. That's the way tech works.

Users who are viewing this thread