5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate people

90Addict

Reaction score
Literally have had my truck for 2 days! I go to the job site today and park wayyyyy in the back so no one parks around it. Not in multiple spots like an a$$, just away from other cars doors. Someone must of pushed the cart away when they were done with it and it must of coasted all the way back to hit the truck. So mad!!! I just can't win for losing 2BEC60B7-8BDE-44EC-8A54-4019AABC5DC5.jpeg 9EAA652E-6CFF-4D78-BEBD-9161DACBC0C0.jpeg 5CDACBEE-3CE8-4595-90A7-182366D6FC71.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks, and I’ve been there with my first new car. Mine lasted 2.5 hours from when I drove it off the lot. I was partially sponsored by vans for skateboarding and was going to practice at Vans in Potomac Mills. I was the only car in the parking lot (farthest parking lot away as possible). Come back 1.5hrs later. Still no cars in the lot, but a big dent in the center of the RR door. I knew some a-hole drove up, slammed their door against mine, and drove off.

90Addict

Reaction score
That sucks, and I’ve been there with my first new car. Mine lasted 2.5 hours from when I drove it off the lot. I was partially sponsored by vans for skateboarding and was going to practice at Vans in Potomac Mills. I was the only car in the parking lot (farthest parking lot away as possible). Come back 1.5hrs later. Still no cars in the lot, but a big dent in the center of the RR door. I knew some a-hole drove up, slammed their door against mine, and drove off.
F*cked up world we live in today. People suck anymore

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Sucks for sure! I park sometimes a quarter of a mile away from where I'm going in and always try and park "uphill" so any stray carts can't coast towards the truck. Hopefully the damage can be removed via PDR.

90Addict

Reaction score
Sucks for sure! I park sometimes a quarter of a mile away from where I'm going in and always try and park "uphill" so any stray carts can't coast towards the truck. Hopefully the damage can be removed via PDR.
Is PDR dent removal?

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I guess there’s an added advantage to a bit of a lift and running boards. Not sure if it catches everything including shopping carts but I’m not too worried about sedans parked next to me.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never fails. First day I drove my truck to work a dump truck decided to lose some of it’s load on the interstate. I had a nice rock bouncing down the highway and glanced right off the front of my hood leaving three small paint chips. 🤬

Seems every single new vehicle I ever bought has something happen the first few thousand miles that’s completely not my fault. Almost like I say lets just get it over with now and move on.😆

90Addict

Reaction score
Never fails. First day I drove my truck to work a dump truck decided to lose some of it’s load on the interstate. I had a nice rock bouncing down the highway and glanced right off the front of my hood leaving three small paint chips. 🤬

Seems every single new vehicle I ever bought has something happen the first few thousand miles that’s completely not my fault. Almost like I say lets just get it over with now and move on.😆
That was my thought too after I cooled down and threw the shopping cart across the parking lot. I felt better

jkm312

Reaction score
That was my thought too after I cooled down and threw the shopping cart across the parking lot. I felt better
Lots to be said for plain old stress busters. Glad it worked for you.
John Q Public is not getting any more respectful, considerate, or smarter these days.
What's happened to your truck is just plain wrong. Ask around for a good PDR tech in your area, the blemish can be repaired.
I've dealt with a lot of damage. The wife taught grade school for 42 years. Those parking lots were a never ending nightmare until she retired.

Av1

Reaction score
You won't even be able to tell where the dent was with PDR and a skilled person doing the work.

I have had it done many times over the years on dents (some quite bad) that have no paint damage and they've always come out perfectly.

Edited to add: People do suck. Most simply don't care. Good luck in your repair.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You won't even be able to tell where the dent was with PDR and a skilled person doing the work.

I have had it done many times over the years on dents (some quite bad) that have no paint damage and they've always come out perfectly.
Yep. My wife’s car was hit by golf ball and bigger sized hail. Had at least 50 good size dents covering the car top and even sides. PDR removed them perfectly. I tried my hardest and cannot see any dents or even paint damage. I was really amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread