5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a quarter rolling around in the cup holder slider.

osomajor

Reaction score
Help. How do I get this cover off or the thing opened up to get the coin out.

Every turn, acceleration or braking let’s me enjoy the coin rolling on plastic sound. Thanks

0de1999e65eaca491a2a9d9bdeec0fa7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osomajor

Reaction score
Update… pull straight up from the rear to get the tabs to pop out, work your way forward, then use the front slider lock button to release the whole assembly.

There are a total of 6 tabs, then the tabs that are actuated by the slider release button. Work slow and careful, lift straight up. Your finger tips are going to hurt, so it requires a good bit of force. Don’t forget to use the slider button to get the whole thing up and off.

And don’t forget to remove the quarter before you put it back on ;-)

bb03e28863bdd3233257c3fae117ba4c.jpg

d4853fa5a209d02d73551ce956fd7f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Could I humbly request more pictures for the mortally challenged of how exactly you place your hands and what parts you pull up on?

I see 6 tabs, 4 of which seem to be poking through the bottom, maybe can be pushed up prior to pulling? I not sure what you mean by tabs for the slider button, are they not visible?

I like to keep everything clean but it seems like rocket science to get the cup holder apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/