5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found the only cheap thing in the limited interior

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yep. Found the only cheap feeling part inside my limited. In fact, its installed on every trim level..........and the winner is......THE START BUTTON. That thing feels chintzy. Feels like it was an afterthought and made from Lego plastic that was sitting in the sun for a year. Just cheap. And it's something you touch every day.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont know about cheap, but everything about it seems "afterthough-ish". Location, size... just feels less natural than my 16'.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Found the only cheap feeling part inside my limited. In fact, its installed on every trim level..........and the winner is......THE START BUTTON. That thing feels chintzy. Feels like it was an afterthought and made from Lego plastic that was sitting in the sun for a year. Just cheap. And it's something you touch every day.
I thought you were going to point out the manual tilt function of the steering wheel (and the 'hood' around the stalk). That seems like a rare miss in the interior.

glennf14

Reaction score
The Limited doesn’t have a power tilt steering wheel? Wow. Does it telescope manually?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not piling on but one thing that really bugged me about the Laramie was that beautiful stitching all over the dash to only find out it was hard plastic and not real leather or even pleather.

glennf14

Reaction score
It does telescopes and tilt manually
Ah dang. I’m surprised by that. My wife’s ‘15 Durango has power tilt/telescope and it’s built into the memory function of the seats. Oh well, it’s a “truck” right? ;-)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah dang. I’m surprised by that. My wife’s ‘15 Durango has power tilt/telescope and it’s built into the memory function of the seats. Oh well, it’s a “truck” right? ;-)
Exactly first world problems lol

greatrush2112

Reaction score

Agree 100%!! My wife’s start button in her 2018 odyssey is solid and feels very high quality. Sadly, the Ram’s feels very flimsy.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's ironic that it has power adjustable pedals but a manual tilt/telescoping wheel. I'm pretty sure those innovations arrived in the opposite order.

D

Deleted member 85

It's ironic that it has power adjustable pedals but a manual tilt/telescoping wheel. I'm pretty sure those innovations arrived in the opposite order.
I seem to recall there was an actual engineering or safety related reason why the DS Rams could not have power tilt/tele wheel. I am curious if this was the same for DT.

immersivenc

Reaction score
I thought so too... feels like there’s a tensioned plastic bag behind it. Even the one on our Jeep JL is much more substantial feeling.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to say though, if the lego start button and pleather shopping bag wrapped around my steering column are the two 'off/cheap' things about my truck... um, ok. I'll take class leading suspension and solid build quality in their place! :)

Users who are viewing this thread