5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I disabled ANC and now I don't have Hands Free

cunnsco

Reaction score
I could use a hand here y'all. I have a 2019 Laramie with the 12" screen with the Alpine system. I removed the four wires on my amp plug to disable the ANC as I was getting a massive drone with a subwoofer installed. That worked just fine. But when I got my first call, I no longer have sound for the hands free. I can hear faint static when the person on the other end speaks, but that's about it. I'm banging my head against the wall and I intended to reconnect the wires I removed, but like a ******* I didn't take a picture of the wiring before I removed them and now I can't find a wiring diagram for the life of me.

Any help or guidance would be wicked helpful!

Thanks in advance.

Scott

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Search the forum for other posts, but I think I remember reading that subwoofer drone is a result of it being out of phase. If that's the case, swapping the wires so it's in phase with the rest may remove the drone (with ANC being engaged).

cunnsco

Reaction score
Search the forum for other posts, but I think I remember reading that subwoofer drone is a result of it being out of phase. If that's the case, swapping the wires so it's in phase with the rest may remove the drone (with ANC being engaged).
I will certainly try that. Thank you for that suggestion. Now I just need to get those bloody wires back into the connector correctly at least as a matter of troubleshooting if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread