5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I could use a little help on sizing.

TDHawks

Reaction score
2022 Laramie Nigh Edition / stock Pirelli Scorpion 285/45r22 / 3.92 (If that matters) / Having it leveled and looking to add rubber at the same time.

Looking at a set of Radar Renegade AT Pro's. Sizes that I could go with are 33/12.5r22 (Either E or F) or 35/12.5r22 (Either E or F).

Could also go with the Radar Renegade RT's in a 285/55r22 (E).

This is just for looks. I am in town and drive highway/interstate and side roads all day long. Nothing off-road.

With that be said, should I focus more on the AT? If so, why pick the 33 over the 35 and vice versa?

Does the E vs. F Load matter?

If I went with the RT, the width is the same as what I have, but it is taller so it will fill the well more. Pros and cons of that route vs the 12.5's?

Do my gears have any say in this?

Seriously, I am a novice as you can tell and I apologize for the newbie questions. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2022 Laramie Nigh Edition / stock Pirelli Scorpion 285/45r22 / 3.92 (If that matters) / Having it leveled and looking to add rubber at the same time.

Looking at a set of Radar Renegade AT Pro's. Sizes that I could go with are 33/12.5r22 (Either E or F) or 35/12.5r22 (Either E or F).

This is just for looks. I am in town and drive highway/interstate and side roads all day long. Nothing off-road.

With that be said, should I focus more on the AT? If so, why pick the 33 over the 35 and vice versa?

If I went with the RT, the width is the same as what I have, but it is taller so it will fill the well more. Pros and cons of that route vs the 12.5's?

Seriously, I am a novice as you can tell and I apologize for the newbie questions. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
E and F load rating is just how stuff the sidewalls are, and will make a difference in ride quality and weight of the tires. E will have softer sidewalls and ride better, but will still be stiffer than your current tires.

As far as height, that's all on you. The 12.5's may rub, just due to width. A/T vs R/T the A/Ts will being was noisy and wear better with kngee tread life

TDHawks

Reaction score
E and F load rating is just how stuff the sidewalls are, and will make a difference in ride quality and weight of the tires. E will have softer sidewalls and ride better, but will still be stiffer than your current tires.

As far as height, that's all on you. The 12.5's may rub, just due to width. A/T vs R/T the A/Ts will being was noisy and wear better with kngee tread life

Thanks, HSKR. You've been a great deal of help. They also have a 305/285r22 that is an XL much like I have now. That would fall in-between the width of what I have and the 12.5, just not as tall at the 33 and 35.

ms.ac

Reaction score

As far as the tires are concerned generally the ATs are quieter as they are designed to be used on both on and-road(less aggressive off-road terrain). I have personally used the Renegade RTs and for their aggressive tread design, they are comparatively quieter than other brands out there. But again if you are driving mainly on highway/interstate then go with the Renegade AT Pro IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread