5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I ceramic coated my Ram

RomansRam

Reaction score
So I’m a detail freak and have a pretty decent supply of detailing products. I wouldn’t say I’m a professional but I think I can hold my own . I have been toying with the idea of ceramic coating my ram since I got it and finally decided to do it on my own. Now I want to be very clear I don’t drive this truck often as I do have a Durango R/T lease that still has time on it left. With that being said the Rams paint was in great shape no swirl marks or stains so prep wasn’t terrible just tedious! I went with the Adams polishes ceramic coating it’s a 9H protection that last up to 5 years. I wouldn’t put too much faith in that claim but hey only time will tell. This was a long process, very long and I wouldn’t recommend doing it alone as another set of eyes would be beneficial. Also I would recommend getting a UV light so you can see where you applied too much product and avoid “high spots” as they will be harder to buff out! I will post pictures from
My iPhone max pro nothing crazy I do have a cannon 6D Mark II that I plan on shooting the truck with just don’t really have much time! Anyways if you have any questions please feel free to ask !! Here are 2 un edited shots! The first one is 6 days after coating second one is just a test Panel I started off drivers front fender and corner of the hood. FC8C468B-B26A-4980-A2E7-08337B7FF5E0.jpeg BD15324B-9760-43D0-9B34-CD8E8803D615.jpeg FC8C468B-B26A-4980-A2E7-08337B7FF5E0.jpeg BD15324B-9760-43D0-9B34-CD8E8803D615.jpeg

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, man. Lots of tlc always makes that black pop out unlike any other color. I imagine that it took you over a span of a few days to complete the whole process? What are your plans on maintaining the ceramic coat? I know there are some reload products but I was curious what you are planning.

RomansRam

Reaction score
Looks fantastic, man. Lots of tlc always makes that black pop out unlike any other color. I imagine that it took you over a span of a few days to complete the whole process? What are your plans on maintaining the ceramic coat? I know there are some reload products but I was curious what you are planning.
There is a “ceramic boost” that comes with this kit. As far as maintaining,I’ll prob just do the normal washes I do with my pressure washer and foam cannon. I will apply the boost coating after every other wash and see how well it holds up.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. I always ceramic coat. It is the first thing I do. When I pick up my Ram on Tuesday by the weekend it will be ceramic coated. My go to CQuartz UK 3.0

Br549

Reaction score
Just had mine coated. Didn’t trust myself to do it correctly. Love the results so far.

RomansRam

Reaction score
Just had mine coated. Didn’t trust myself to do it correctly. Love the results so far.
What did it cost you if you dont mind me asking ? i just want to know if it was worth the headache lol !!

Br549

Reaction score
What did it cost you if you dont mind me asking ? i just want to know if it was worth the headache lol !!
Mine was Ceramic pro. installers business is slow now due to the covid-19 stuff so got the 5yr package and tented windows for $625. That’s in Owensboro Ky.

ktl5005

Reaction score
yep I agree, not cheap. He clayed, fixed couple scratches, and coated all plastic and windows. Still expensive but I’m happy
Well if he did all that then thats average price I think. I like to do all that stuff myself to save the dough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/